Beiträge von LektroiD

Seems I end up at a dead end whatever way I try.. iTunes wants an American tax code before it lets you go to the next step (even though I'm starting at the UK site). I found a few 'organisations' that want money to upload your album per year, which is what I'm trying to avoid; after previous experiences, I don't want to do this through another record label, or suchlike.

All I want to do is upload my music to the major download sites, yet it seems near impossible. How is it done?

I would firstly like to say a massive thanks to everyone who's given me so much love and support. I can't express how much that means to me.

Please spare a few moments to check out my brand-new album.

Support as an artist is always welcomed, you can do this by downloading from my bandcamp page. Downloads are £1 per track, or £5.99 for the entire album, plus additional bonus track. You can also listen to the tracks at web quality for free.

The Electro-Funk has landed... Enjoy!

http://lektroid.bandcamp.com/album/electro-funk-selection

1. Eta Carinae
    2. Hydra
    3. Harmonix
    4. Solar Storm (Remix)
    5. Welcome To The Future (Original Instrumental)
    6. Twice As Nice
    7. Dreams (featuring Bryoney Love)
    8. Decontamination Block
    9. Lightspeed II
    10. Bonus Track (hidden)

If you don't mind a bit of ambient soundscape stuff, I made this recording at the weekend. No multitracking, or computers. All live recorded in one pass.

[ame]

Externer Inhalt www.youtube.com
    Inhalte von externen Seiten werden ohne Ihre Zustimmung nicht automatisch geladen und angezeigt.
    Durch die Aktivierung der externen Inhalte erklären Sie sich damit einverstanden, dass personenbezogene Daten an Drittplattformen übermittelt werden. Mehr Informationen dazu haben wir in unserer Datenschutzerklärung zur Verfügung gestellt.
    [/ame]

If you like what you hear, please support me by visiting my Bandcamp page and downloading the full version here:
    http://lektroid.bandcamp.com/track/hearts-of-space

Hey hey guys,

I posted this on Facebook yesterday, it's my first venture into selling my music online. This one is just to test the water. I'm quite overwhelmed by the response it's had. I'm now in the process of compiling an album (this track will not be featured on the album).

Anyway, I decided to make this soundtrack available for sale after many enquiries on Youtube. This is a much higher quality version than that heard on Youtube. I'm not going to gush too much, but basically it's a chilled melodic electro soundtrack...

http://lektroid.bandcamp.com/track/journey

Many thanks to everyone who's downloaded it so far.

That place was too small, so here's my new setup... There are more keyboards out of the photo (SH201, DW8000, Juno1 & more home made gear).

Not sure if they are showing up without being logged onto another forum... So here's the same photos I uploaded elsewhere:

So I'm now "slagging you off" when all I said is that you are another one of Khan's puppets? Yet you condone the behaviour of Khan which is way worse than anything I have said to you, and you continue to stick up for it even after I have shed some light on the scandal that went on behind closed doors. And how the hell can you possibly 'state facts' on Khan's side when you don't even know the half of it? I'm sure there will be others coming out of the woodwork in due course too, and you'll happily continue to side with Khan's agenda of fucking people over? Moderated.

So you're suggesting I should just let it lie, yet it is fine for you to bitch about Tony & Simon Cowell, or do you still regard them in good light?

Anyway, if you're a long standing member, then why only join the forum this month?

Zitat von Robbie123;54822

As Cozmo states this industry is a business. Everybody is out to get what they want for themselves. This is not a BAD thing its just business.

Not all businesses treat their artists like shit. I've always maintained a healthy relationship with everyone else I've worked with in the industry for the past 19 years.

Zitat

Contracts can be changed or ammended.

Not when the employer ignores the contractor, then when he does finally communicate, it is just rants that are none of my business. So in this case, there was no way he would entertain a change in contract.

Zitat

Morgan has been screwed over many times you just have to take these on the head and learn from the past.

So that gives him the right to fuck others over? I know I'm not the only one.

Zitat

What you have here are old school artists and ppl like Morgan who have been in this industry for many many years, they know how it works and how to get the best deal.

for himself, yes.

Zitat

Both have been screwed out of money, they learn from these errors and get tougher. Its just like any other business at the end of the day...a way to earn money and keep a roof over your head.

As I said, it doesn't give him the right to fuck others over.

He refused to refund tickets to my close friends who paid solely to see my performance. They also paid for travel and accommodation, which was too late to get refunds on, since Khan pulled the plug on me at the last minute - with no good reason, 'contractual issues' my arse! He wouldn't even discuss the contract with me.

I don't know who you are or why you are defending such an entrapment, but you've only just appeared on the forum, another one of Khan's puppets, stirring shit that has absolutely nothing to do with you.

Zitat von Cozmo D;54816

I would never sign anything like that Richie. My contract was for 30 days ahead and 3 days after. You have to fight for what you want.

I would have liked to discuss that with khan, but when he wasn't yelling rants down the phone at me over something that was none of my business, he was ignoring all contact, making it impossible to negotiate anything. Next thing I was off the bill...

I only got my contract a few weeks prior to the event, and when I got it, it included Xidus (the rapper on Welcome to the Future – NE3). I said that I did not want to be tied into the same contract or have to mentor him. I didn't want the responsibility of organising someone else, especially since the contract stated if any party should not turn up then I would owe Street Sounds travel expenses, accommodation and any other fees agreed in their entirety. I did not want this responsibility if Xidus for some reason could not make it. So I said I would like separate contracts, this version of the contract arrived just 1 week prior to the event, but there were still clauses to be discussed.

I had Kate phone me on Friday 8th July (8 days before the event), saying she must book a hotel and had to do it within that phone call, as they close by 5 o'clock, and if I did not agree to sharing a room with Xidus, she would only book one night (not the two we needed), so I said I would take Friday. I spoke to Xidus that evening who said he was not available on the Friday, so I got back in touch with Morgan to tell him, and all I had was ranting that it was booked because I had agreed to it (although I only agreed to my accommodation requirements, not Xidus'), I also didn’t need to know how stressed he is, how much weight he has lost, or how he’s missed his daughter's birthday (her 3rd birthday this year funnily enough). This is no way to be treated, whether I am a recording artist or dog shit. This was unfair that I was put in that position right at the last minute. My skills are as a musician, not an organiser or artist management, so why I was lumbered with such a feat at the last moment? I don't really know Xidus that well, and don't even live in the same city (I'm in Edinburgh, Scotland, he is in Peterborough, England, 350 miles away).

The travel and accommodation should have been organised months prior to the event, and for months I tried to get this sorted, yet Morgan was making it impossible to get hold of him, and I tried every possible means to make contact. I even mentioned Morgan's elusiveness on Facebook, as I was unsure the event was even going ahead. This was the only time he actually contacted me (interestingly within seconds of my posting), asking me to remove my comment, and that ‘it would all be arranged in good time’.

There was one clause I wanted to discuss with Morgan in the contract saying I could not perform in the UK for 90 days after the event, this would block off my whole summer of performances, and I have already agreed to perform in Edinburgh the following week (21st July). It also stated I could not perform 100 days prior to the event, which I already have. This would be breach of contract before I even signed it. I wanted to discuss this with Morgan, but the few times I have managed to speak with him literally with only days to go, all I had was him ranting that I hadn't sorted Xidus' train tickets and accommodation. As an artist, I was not even aware this was my job. Nobody had told me.

Not only that, the fee I had agreed for myself was written into the joint contract, this was £250, which is very cheap considering this was to include both my performance and keyboard playing for Newcleus. I told Morgan that I didn't want my fee disclosed. When Xidus got his contract (within a week to go), he had not been offered a fee, so I told him to take that up with Morgan, as I had agreed mine already. This lead to another phone-call from Street Sounds, this time it was Kate (Khan’s PA) ranting at me saying my agreed fee was to be shared with Xidus. Then phoned Xidus about the situation and tried to turn him against me. This was the last I heard from Street Sounds, until someone mentioned there was a notice on the Street Sounds website saying I was not performing due to ‘contractual issues’.

There was also a mailshot "One Week To Go". I was not included in this mailshot; both my name and Xidus’ had already been omitted. This was posted around on the 9th, before Morgan even started his rants with me, so maybe Morgan had already decided he didn't want me there before he started shouting his rants at me. I didn't even know I was off the bill until I saw it announced on Street Sounds website, and that’s the reason I was not at UK Fresh 2011.

On a positive note, isn't it time we concentrated on the fresh talent? Nuskool electro is the bomb, so many awesome producers, a night of nuskool would not only be amazing, pushing the current scene forward, but also be a much cheaper night to run. I for one only have two arms and two legs, and can't afford to spend any of them.

I'm open for bookings anywhere, but I will never touch street sounds again..

Zitat von Robbie123;54791

I would just like to say that if ANYONE wants to put on a show with lots of old school artists...Please contact me Rob: ukfresh@hotmail.com i can get:

Captain Rock
    Newculus
    The B-Boys

I know many of them for many years and all are willing to play here in the UK!

If they had the same contract as I did, then you best take them off the list for another 3 months, as Street Sounds have blocked all performances in the UK for 90 days. Best verify that with them; clause 24.

Answer; we've all been f*cked over by sh*t sounds.