Posts by BrianE

Hi everyone,

I will be in London with my band ASTRA in April and have some open days that I would like to schedule a Brian E show. The dates are April 14th and 15th. I may also have some open dates in Amsterdam later that week...

If anyone can help me in any way, please contact me either here, on myspace (http://www.myspace.com/technoirdisco), or at my email (beginning.algebra@gmail.com).

Thanks in advance! I really hope to do a gig in the UK!

thanks guys... I actually won one on ebay for about $350 including shipping. It looks like basically exactly what i'm looking for considering the price involved. I'm really tired of 808 samples and I think this will definitely get my beats sounding bigger and better... and it will also help my live setup (i'm trying to start doing all hardware live shows).

The best part is that when Egypt comes over, we can sync his real 808 with the computer without having an expensive midi mod on it.

I couldn't find a thread for people to post their gearlist, so I thought I'd start one.

hardware

novation drumstation
    oberheim matrix 1000
    korg ms2000b
    akai ax 60
    oberheim dx
    roland mc 303
    roland tr 505
    roland sp 505
    roland ep 10
    crumar dp 50
    boss sp 202
    korg kontrol49
    arturia analog factory expeience
    presonus firestudio project

software

arturia jupiter 8v
    arturia prophet v
    arturia cs80v
    arturia minimoog v
    arturia moog modular v
    arturia arp 2600 v
    sonic projects op-x pro
    gmedia minimonsta
    gmedia mtron
    Korg Legacy Collection (analog & digital editions)
    Native Instruments FM7
    Native Instruments Pro53
    Native Instruments Elektric Piano
    Native Instruments B4II
    Zero G Nostaliga
    Best Service Cult Sampler
    Best Service Drums Overkill
    klang!labs Vokko
    DC Vocoder
    image line fl studio 8 XXL Producers Edition
    propellerhead reason 4
    cockos reaper v2.206

post pictures too! I will soon

YELLOW LIGHT DISTRICT has just arrived and looks fantastic!!
    This is my first 12" release with 6 tracks coming in just over 38 minutes. The styles range from italo disco to hard electro, which an emphasis on old school synth tones like the OB8, Jupiter 8, Prophet 5, and the classic drum sounds from the LinnDrum. The album closes with an electro cover of the song "De Futura", originally by the french progressive group MAGMA.

Limited to 500 copies on YELLOW Vinyl

Message me to order one directly or order online from Record Label Records!

ORDER HERE

LISTEN TO PREVIEWS

INFO

Yeah, the Akai DC Vocoder can get some good sounds. I also like the Vokko VST... has a great unique sound.

I hadn't heard of the els vocoder... looks amazing though. I wish it wasn't so pricey.

Quote from bassjunkie;14485

Will these be on wax?
    Please say yes ;)

Yes. Egypt is releasing 12 12"s this year... It was going to be one every month but due to manufacturing delays it got a bit of a late start.

Yo Cozmo! I've been great. I've been working on a lot of new music of all different styles. I just finished recording my new free jazz album last week for Porter Records (http://www.porterrecords.com)... It was a collaboration album with the legendary Philadelphia sax player Byard Lancaster (he played with John Coltrane, Sunny Murray, Fela Kuti, Sun Ra Arkestra, and so many more). Now I'm back to working on some Electro tracks for Egypt. I hope to play a show together again soon!

Egypt's got so many good tunes. Some of my favorites are "Voices" "I Cry (Night after Night)" "Unreal". His new stuff is really taking it to the next level... I've worked with him on a few of his new songs... Just wait until you hear UFO... it's got the baddest breakdown of them all. We have a few collab Remixes coming out soon too!

What's up everyone! Glad to find a true ELECTRO forum! I am a music producer from San Diego... I have a 12" coming out soon on http://www.recordlabelrecords.org called "Yellow Light District". It's more italo disco than Electro, but it definitely has some elements of electro there. I also have a free album based on Terminator available on their site for free called "TECH-NOIR".

I'm a friend of Egyptian Lover's... I have played keyboards for him live and on some of his new songs like "Electro Pharaoh". We're planning to release the first Brian E full length on Egyptian Empire Records sometime this year as part of his 25th anniversary. Check out some of my tracks on myspace...

Brian E @ Myspace

Thanks!

Glad to be a member here now