Posts by daro

Quote from binalog;64631

I don't know guys... I mean i'm 42 years old and i've been listening to this kind of music since my brother brought home "The Renegades Of Funk" 12inch (that was back in 84). I have always known this music as "electro-funk" and i have always understood it as a sub-genre of hip-hop, plus i have always linked the "electro" term as a short one of the "electro-funk".

Just my 2 cents. ;) ;D

Like we have said before if your first itrodution into the
    world of electro style music, was electro with a funk twist
    to it great,

They are nuffing to say bro, they were making
    Banging electro and calling it electro in the 70s
    If your introduction to it was mid skool u.s.
    Electro funk etc that's all good bro, anyway
    It's going off topic,

L.P. Cover looks great, does smell a bit of the last
    spin of the dice, going down the tubes

Let me get this right you are saying they YMO came up with the name elecrtro
    With hindsight ? E.G. They went back to 1978
    with a ( back to the future style flux capacitor ) reprinted all their
    covers to have the word electro on the smash hit 12 firecracker,
    Selling over 400000 copy's in the us, Used by/ sampled by afrika bam etc,
    Just so they can kidon to peeps that they were using the word to
    Describe their music pre street sounds.. Get real mate :) :)

This has I-F all over it..

[ame]

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.
    [/ame]

Zsa Zsa La Boum - Something Scary
    [ame]

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.
    [/ame]

Zsa Zsa La Boum - Tu veux ou tu veux pas
    [ame]

[/ame]

Clear was a great we label out of the u.k. mid 95

[ame]

[/ame]

[ame]

[/ame]

[ame]

[/ame]

Quote from lj;58206

interesting!

importance of YMO has always escaped me. Can you give me a couple of electro tracks that sampled YMO?

Electro as in mid skool hip hop/electro ? the bam one above and this

[ame]

[/ame]