Beiträge von SynSynth

Zitat von JREK;67095

I don't know where you guys are all coming from but in Berlin I think the Tempest costs 1800€ plus shipping costs while the Jomox XBase999 (for example) costs like 1400€. 400€ are quite a big deal for me.

Is the Tempest able to produce synth sounds? I did not really get if it does in the posted videos but in another video of him presenting the machine it quite seemed so...

in that case that would be freakin awesome..

Yes, it can produce synth sounds. It's basically an analog synth with a drum machine oriented interface.

Zitat von the_woof;62861

I would probably get this if I had the money... it sounds like a versatile, badass instrument, plus I would use it for all drum duties in my live set, which would be really fun.

And nice demos SynSynth! That dubstep one was wicked--I'm used to hearing dubstep I don't like but that was a cool take on the standard rhythm. Reminded me of Jimmy Edgar a little bit :)

Thanks, man! Yeah, it's a pricey fucker, but having total control and tactile integration is a win/win for me. And sure, there are cheaper options to get things done, but none like this one.

In regards to balls, I'll make another demo sometime soon that shows it off loud and proud. I already demonstrated that it has bass and all around wonkyness... I'll record a hard stormer later on when I get time. The kicks lack the whollop compared to say... an xbase09... but with 6 assignable outputs you can always run the kick out through something to beef it up a little.

Hey there everyone. You guys might know me as my previous handle, Kitana_One. I couldn't remember my log in info and I think the email addy I had attached to my old account here is no more, so I just made this new one.

Anyways, on to my actual post.

I was one of the sound designers for some of the factory presets, demo's and etc.

I used to work at the Audio Playground Synth Museum for ages and I've had my hands on over 300 different drum machines, all the classics, rarities and etc. In all honesty, this thing eats all of those as an appetizer before breakfast, then it doesn't even hesitate when asking for seconds. Sure, it can do re-creations of all the old classics, but that's not the point with this beast. This is something new. This one's a game changer and will undoubtedly be revered as a classic, sooner than later. There's really nothing like it out there.

So, here are some examples of some of the work I've done with it.

The first one is just some crazy live tweaking, the second is a sort of industrial/dubstep-ish live improv action and the last one is a live improv electro jam (video forthcoming when I have some free time).

[ame]

Externer Inhalt www.youtube.com
    Inhalte von externen Seiten werden ohne Ihre Zustimmung nicht automatisch geladen und angezeigt.
    Durch die Aktivierung der externen Inhalte erklären Sie sich damit einverstanden, dass personenbezogene Daten an Drittplattformen übermittelt werden. Mehr Informationen dazu haben wir in unserer Datenschutzerklärung zur Verfügung gestellt.
    [/ame]

[ame]

Externer Inhalt www.youtube.com
    Inhalte von externen Seiten werden ohne Ihre Zustimmung nicht automatisch geladen und angezeigt.
    Durch die Aktivierung der externen Inhalte erklären Sie sich damit einverstanden, dass personenbezogene Daten an Drittplattformen übermittelt werden. Mehr Informationen dazu haben wir in unserer Datenschutzerklärung zur Verfügung gestellt.
    [/ame]

[sc]

Externer Inhalt soundcloud.com
    [/sc]

Now you can get a good idea of what's possible with it.

Cheers! Hope that helps answer some questions about it. :)