Hashim -what gear did he use?

• Does anyone know which gear (synths, vocoder etc.) Hashim used for his stuff ("Al-Naafiysh", "We're rocking the planets" to a name a couple of songs)?
    I've been searching in vein for studio interviews, "the making of" articles but the only info on the subject I can find is mention of "a $50 Casio keyboard" which he used to practice with. Other than the obvious TR-808 I can only guess what he used back in the day.

• When he rang me a couple of years back I actually asked about what he and the Marin brothers used for his tracks. An 808 was used for definite on Hashim's tracks and there was another drum machine which may have been a Linn Drum or a DMX. Aldo Marin fucked about compressing the sounds etc (a true beatmaster!!!!) I can't remember what keyboards he said were used said, sorry. But at that time in the 80's I reckon it could have been Juno 6 or Jupiter 8 responsible.
    He told me Primrose Path was his favourite track he ever did for Cutting too, that's him playing the bass guitar live on the track which he "was very proud of" 8)

Oh another bit of info for you, The Imperial Brothers actually recorded an album for Cutting Records but was never released because they fell out with Hashim and the label. I bet that would have been one dope as hell album :o

Postcode lottery........you're thick if you deny it exists

• Could be for pads but that bassline/sound is fierce!
    Could it be a Prophet 5? I tried recreating it with a MiniMoog but the filtering is different.

Aitch-ski: too bad about those Imperial Bros. tracks -would have been awesome! Any way we could get them to release them now? Even though times have changed they'd have nothing to loose by releasing the album, only gain.

• Imperial Brothers 1983- 129 Park 180th street and Southern Blvd.
    [ame]

Externer Inhalt www.youtube.com
    Inhalte von externen Seiten werden ohne Ihre Zustimmung nicht automatisch geladen und angezeigt.
    Durch die Aktivierung der externen Inhalte erklären Sie sich damit einverstanden, dass personenbezogene Daten an Drittplattformen übermittelt werden. Mehr Informationen dazu haben wir in unserer Datenschutzerklärung zur Verfügung gestellt.
    [/ame] :cylon:

• Interview with Imperial Brothers - Mentia-D Produc
    [ame]

Externer Inhalt www.youtube.com
    Inhalte von externen Seiten werden ohne Ihre Zustimmung nicht automatisch geladen und angezeigt.
    Durch die Aktivierung der externen Inhalte erklären Sie sich damit einverstanden, dass personenbezogene Daten an Drittplattformen übermittelt werden. Mehr Informationen dazu haben wir in unserer Datenschutzerklärung zur Verfügung gestellt.
    [/ame]

• Oi Oi Spotta!! mmmm well, at his so called 'gig' in brixton clubhouse he didn't use bugger all as for some excuse he didn't perform..never did get the refund of the difference for my v.i.p. ticket either..which he did say in email that i would receive..emailed concerning..still not refunded..i didn't ask-it was offered due to the lowering of the ticket price ...probably because hardly anybody turnt up...still, doctor ice done a good job as did adj+faulkner.

• I use for this kind of al-Naafiysh bass my Oberheim Sem monophonic Synthesizer.
    Good results i also get with my sequential circuits "sixtrak".

I give some Soul into the tracks !!!

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!