• Cozmo, I see you list Gary Numan and Devo. Both great electronic new wave artists. I still love all Gary Numan's old records. Especially The Pleasure Principle. Another question would be were you guys self taught musicians? Did you have any previous music experience before you started making music. Like high school band or anything like that. As a drummer, I had very little "schooling". I just picked up some sticks one day and naturally was able to keep rhythm and do it well. Caught on quick. I have dabled in electronic music and know how tedious all the programming of drums can be. But the level of talent that goes into your music is very impressive. So many good memories listening to Jam On It!

• Zitat von Cozmo D

WOW! Placed in front of Kraftwerk, what an honor! Thanx man! :)

I do believe you have now entered official the Hall Of Fame Coz :D

Postcode lottery........you're thick if you deny it exists

• Zitat von SlurpeeJunkieCraig

Cozmo, I see you list Gary Numan and Devo. Both great electronic new wave artists. I still love all Gary Numan's old records. Especially The Pleasure Principle. Another question would be were you guys self taught musicians? Did you have any previous music experience before you started making music. Like high school band or anything like that. As a drummer, I had very little "schooling". I just picked up some sticks one day and naturally was able to keep rhythm and do it well. Caught on quick. I have dabled in electronic music and know how tedious all the programming of drums can be. But the level of talent that goes into your music is very impressive. So many good memories listening to Jam On It!

Thanx Craig. :)

We're completely self-taught man.

• Zitat von Cozmo D

Thanx for the kind words man. I've never heard of CDIII, what have they done?

Coz, CDIII's DJ was Hitman Howie Tee for a start. Check out Success, Get Tough, Summer Jam/And You Know That by them. Quality stuff bud!

Postcode lottery........you're thick if you deny it exists

• Zitat von 808beats

How did you make the funny wikki-wikki voices Coz ?

Also, who's voice was used, and were they on Drugs ? :D

We slowed down the tape, recorded the vocals and then sped it back up. We only used pitch shift (Harmonizer) once, and that was for the Cozmo D vocal on "Jam On Revenge". Chilly B and I did all of the wikki-wikki voices. He would smoke the occasional joint or two. ;D

Nowadays I pitch shift everything though. After all, there is no more tape. ;)

• The only two songs of yours' that I'm familiar with are: "Computer Age (Push the Button)" and "Cyborg Dance", both excellent and cool btw. I'm not sure which album they're from, but which vocoder was used for them, the EH or the Roland, or EH on one and Roland on the other? I have had a Roland (for 24 1/2 years) and off-hand neither song sounds like one (unless you tweaked-it somehow and/or added other effects to it). Anyway I always thought those songs were done with an EMS Vocoder 2000. I'll give a listen to both songs again while I await your reply!! Thanks.

Can't believe no1 HASN'T already chosen this username!?1 8)

• Zitat von electro1

The only two songs of yours' that I'm familiar with are: "Computer Age (Push the Button)" and "Cyborg Dance", both excellent and cool btw. I'm not sure which album they're from, but which vocoder was used for them, the EH or the Roland, or EH on one and Roland on the other? I have had a Roland (for 24 1/2 years) and off-hand neither song sounds like one (unless you tweaked-it somehow and/or added other effects to it). Anyway I always thought those songs were done with an EMS Vocoder 2000. I'll give a listen to both songs again while I await your reply!! Thanks.

Can't believe no1 HASN'T already chosen this username!?1 8)

Computer Age was the EH, Cyborg Dance was the Roland. No tweaks or effects out of the ordinary.

• Zitat von Cozmo D

Computer Age was the EH, Cyborg Dance was the Roland. No tweaks or effects out of the ordinary.

Thanks 'Cozmo D'...I did check-out on the net to see which albums the songs were off of Jam On Revenge for "Computer Age (Push The Button)" and Space Is The Place for "Cyborg Dance" making it like you said the EH for CA and the Roland for CD. The EH in CA reminds me of Giorgio Moroder's "I'm Left, You're Right, She's Gone"...that's why I (erroneously) thought you were using an EMS Vocoder 2000 (which I'm still sure he did). Guess it's just a different synth with the Roland since mine doesn't sound like it. Again thanks for your answer and the best to you, your's, and you and your's future!!!

• Zitat von yoda

even b boys have turned there back on, rap and hiphop have been ignored and they now prefer to dance to funk,

its not a case of they NOW prefer dance to funk, funk IS the original b boy music, plus one of the most danceable albums for b boys is a hip hop album "Critical beatdown" 8) a slice of heaven full of breakbeat goodness...."Kool Keith Housing Things"!!!!.....dance ya ass off

• Zitat von Speedy

its not a case of they NOW prefer dance to funk, funk IS the original b boy music, plus one of the most danceable albums for b boys is a hip hop album "Critical beatdown" 8) a slice of heaven full of breakbeat goodness...."Kool Keith Housing Things"!!!!.....dance ya ass off

I was at the UK BBoy Championships 2008 at Brixton Academy, it was clear to me then that the DJ's (Shorty Blitz and Renagade were up in there with the DJ's) are creating hip hop music live by ripping up breaks, they don't just play the whole track... ripping up breaks IS hip hop in its PUREST form so completely don't agree that BBoys have turned their back on hip hop! They're just into the essence of hip hop, BREAKZ BREAKS BREAKZ!

Thank god they're not playing God awful newskool electro at these jams... I would have walked out.

ELECTROFUNK is a subsidiary of HIP HOP MUSIC AND CULTURE, don't you forget it suckaz...

• Zitat von yoda

Welcome to EE, M71.Its good to see someone new on the forum to put different opinions in the mix.Unfortunatley personally for me Im stuck in my ways and think that the music that I would class as Electro or Old school hip hop died around 1986 and I havent been able to move on since.IMO Hip hop has changed for the worse.What was once a positive movement has changed indescribably from the force that I once loved to one that even b boys have turned there back on, rap and hiphop have been ignored and they now prefer to dance to funk,soul etc,in fact any old shit with a beat.we are now all a dying breed?? keep posting and bring your opinion to the table

Yeah Yoda, that's the same thing I thinking by myself too, but electro music died for me in 1989.... And that modern west coast hip-hop which is all N.W.A like and all that east/south/north hybrids in USA and the whole world copying this shit, fuck them all!! I hate the music scene from 90's to nowadays for what it did to Hip Hop culture.... There's not trouble with pea-sized thing in some Reeno case, which I don't know, but there's trouble with no-talented pea-sized black & white artists, which makin' music like ''Why I'm supposed to be this much skilled idiot with spitbeat factory''.

• Zitat von BHOSE

I was at the UK BBoy Championships 2008 at Brixton Academy, it was clear to me then that the DJ's (Shorty Blitz and Renagade were up in there with the DJ's) are creating hip hop music live by ripping up breaks, they don't just play the whole track... ripping up breaks IS hip hop in its PUREST form so completely don't agree that BBoys have turned their back on hip hop! They're just into the essence of hip hop, BREAKZ BREAKS BREAKZ!

Thank god they're not playing God awful newskool electro at these jams... I would have walked out.

I have been to all but one B-Boy champs. And for the last few years they have had the world poppin' battle. But as I guessed would happen they are cutting it down to semi final, and final, so they can get back to the breakin', and that Break Beak music that really does me head in all night. It all sounds the same ! I wish they would mix it up a bit and drop some Electro. But as usual Electro is not seen as a part of the Hip Hop history.

• Zitat von LlOyD Da zOiD

I have been to all but one B-Boy champs. And for the last few years they have had the world poppin' battle. But as I guessed would happen they are cutting it down to semi final, and final, so they can get back to the breakin', and that Break Beak music that really does me head in all night. It all sounds the same ! I wish they would mix it up a bit and drop some Electro. But as usual Electro is not seen as a part of the Hip Hop history.

Yeah electro is not part of HH history, but only in heads of youngsters which aren't capable of search for some information and only waiting for some magazin, radio show or tv chart full of people, that are don't know even shit about electronic music and hip-hop.

When I was a part of Rapgame radio show here in Czech Republic in Miami Bass and Electro specials, some ''true'' hip hopers said: Damn, that was really awfull, can't you play some real music or true hip-hop? But on the other hand lot of youngsters were impressed, but that's about some cca 20% of Hip Hop listeners here. They are don't appreciate nothing new or different from what they are see in TV and magazines

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!