3. Electric Cafe (1986) (0) 0%
    4. Trans-Europa Express (1977) (0) 0%
    5. Die Mensch-Maschine (1978) (0) 0%
    6. Radio-Aktivität (1975) (0) 0%
    7. Autobahn (1974) (0) 0%
    8. Ralf & Florian (1973) (0) 0%
    9. Kraftwerk 2 (1972) (0) 0%
    10. Kraftwerk 1 (1970) (0) 0%

Videoclips, docus, music, discussion... everything Kraftwerk, past present & future... :cylon:

To start off... here's a nice swedish docu (98% english!) from 2001
    with ex-werkers Karl Bartos and Wolfgang Flür:

Externer Inhalt www.youtube.com
    Inhalte von externen Seiten werden ohne Ihre Zustimmung nicht automatisch geladen und angezeigt.
    Durch die Aktivierung der externen Inhalte erklären Sie sich damit einverstanden, dass personenbezogene Daten an Drittplattformen übermittelt werden. Mehr Informationen dazu haben wir in unserer Datenschutzerklärung zur Verfügung gestellt.

Karl Bartos holding a 12" of 'Planet Rock' at 18:24
    "They ripped my beat off.... bloody bastards" :D

• Zitat von elektroakust.;65247

Karl Bartos holding a 12" of 'Planet Rock' at 16:55
    "They ripped my beat off.... bloody bastards" :D

as if it was his own beat … he stole it from some funk drummer.
    same thing with arthur baker: he didn't just rip it off, he transformed it and made it 100 times better. ;D

• P.S. I've been listening to Electric Café a lot lately and have learned to love it. I really think it's a hugely underrated album.

There's this whole teleological argument about how everything went downhill with Electric Cafe:
    - The topics were of minor importance (talking about everyday things like electric café and telephone calls instead of global matters like a computer world or the man-machine).
    - The use of digital synths and samplers instead of the creativity of analog.
    - Summed up, Kraftwerk reached a peak of aesthetic excellence with Computerworld and consequently turned to decadence and decline with Electric Café (think of Montesquieu's, Gibbon's or Thomas Cole's portrayal of the Roman Empire).

While I generally agree with this view, I still think there's a kind of surplus / excess which escapes the formalism of the argument: and that is the sheer musical quality of Electric Cafè's tunes. :)

• I could do without the super cheesy "The Telefon Call", but apart from that,
    the "Electric Café" album definitly has some great songs.
    Topics, analog or digital (hardware) etc i think thats really not that important
    as long as there are enough great melodies, interesting sounds etc.
    Especially the "Electric Café" title track is one of my alltime Kraftwerk favorites.

• Ralf-Hütter-bot Interview BBC2 Culture Show 2009

Kraftwerk Interview Ralf Hütter BBC2 England 20090708 18:59 Culture Show
    [ame]

Inhalte von externen Seiten werden ohne Ihre Zustimmung nicht automatisch geladen und angezeigt.
    Durch die Aktivierung der externen Inhalte erklären Sie sich damit einverstanden, dass personenbezogene Daten an Drittplattformen übermittelt werden. Mehr Informationen dazu haben wir in unserer Datenschutzerklärung zur Verfügung gestellt.
    [/ame]

• Autobahn - live 1974
    [ame]

[/ame]

• [ame]

[/ame]

• "Musique Electronique" is fan made. Same as "Music International".

Just google for them. :cylon:

Zitat

This song is a demo from the bestservice “Synth-Werk” Synthesizer Plugin, a fantastic tool if you want to make music and sound like Kraftwerk.

http://steveffisher.wordpress.com/2011/12/21/kra…-what-the-what/

I wonder if they will ever put out something new again.
    Probably they shouldn't, unless they find another big catchy concept theme for it...
    EXPO, Tour De France... whats next?

• Kraftwerk are giving a series of eight 3D concerts in January 2013 in Düsseldorf, Germany.
    Each of the shows will be dedicated to one of their albums from "Der Katalog"...

11.1.2013 Autobahn
    12.1.2013 Radio-Aktivität
    13.1.2013 Trans Europa Express
    16.1.2013 Die Mensch-Maschine
    17.1.2013 Computerwelt
    18.1.2013 Techno Pop
    19.1.2013 The Mix
    20.1.2013 Tour de France

More info:
    https://forum.electroempire.com/forum/showthread.php?t=9353

• Zitat von lj;66563

yeah, saw it yesterday … my gf told me a ticket would be 55 €, presale starting today at 10 so no idea how long there will actually be any left. only ralf left of the original line-up, though.

Zitat

only ralf left of the original line-up, though

mmmmm, a bit sad really isn't it? I have been lucky enough to them twice when Florian was still with them but would have loved to have seen them with Karl & Wolfgang too.
    With Ralf being the only original remaining member now its like he has created his own tribute band now - quite sad actually :-/

Still awesome!!!!!!

Postcode lottery........you're thick if you deny it exists

• KRAFTWERK - POP ART

German/French TV channel ARTE is showing a 60 min special "KRAFTWERK - POP ART" this saturday.
    It will feature a history of the band as well as footage from the recent "Der Katalog 12345678" concerts.

[arte]048927-000[/arte]

http://www.arte.tv/guide/de/048927-000/kraftwerk-pop-art

Watch it online:

14.09.2013, 21:55 CET - ARTE live stream:
    http://www.arte.tv/guide/de/live

14.09 - 21.09.2013 - ARTE+7 (archive):
    http://www.arte.tv/guide/de/plus7

• It's not available online anymore. But you didn't miss much. Nothing new really and you could tell the narrator (or the person who wrote his text) didn't have a clue what he was talking about. Most memorable moment for me was that they indirectly proved that Coldplays "Talk", using the "Computerliebe" melody, is way better than the crappy dated sounding trancy techno live version that Kraftwerk play of the song these days. :D

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!