The Jam Pony Express

• This is my first Thread post so forgive me if this has been posted before. I scanned through most of this forum so that I wouldn't make a double post and found nothing.... so here it goes. I moved to southeast Georgia in 1986 were I discovered the whole "Miami Bass" sound. One group of underground DJs from Florida quickly became my alltime favorites... The Jam Pony Express! I started getting my hands on every JPE tape I could (I still have them today). Anyway there are some descent clips of them on You Tube... much of it is their later stuff that was put on CD (Those were their weakest stuff in my opinion). But their 80s and early 90s Mix Tapes are some of the best mixes I have ever heard to this day. I have recently converted many of my JPE tapes to MP3 and have debated posting them. Are there any JPE fans on this Forum?

• Can't say I'm a fan, not even sure if I've even heard of them, but on your strong recommendation I'm willing to give them a try. Post some mp3's, they are always appreciated FrogLegs.

• Zitat von FrogLegs;57936

Where can I post these Jam Pony Express Mixes were I won't be breaking the forum rules?

We just have to be a bit carefull with complete songs/releases being
    posted for download without copyright ownership.

But if its mixes please post the download links in the "DJ Mixes & Live Sets" section:
    https://forum.electroempire.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=17

You could also post some YouTube clips of songs here.
    I'm curious now.

Welcome to the forum btw! 8)

• OK here it goes..... Admin please delete this thread or transfer it to the Mixes section... I just created a You Tube channel about 5 minutes ago.... I will upload tons of Jamp Pony Express, Sugar Hill Express, Grandmaster HD, CM Express, and other underground Down South DJs Mix tapes that I have already converted to MP3. I will then just post the link here later tonight.

• Welcome FrogLegs...

Yes, I can believe your name is allready in use..LOL. Youtube has millions and millions of names, finding a name that has not been used yet is a challenge to say the least. Believe me ..I know!

As far as I know, Jam Pony Express has the same sound as Afro-Rican / We Down Express. I am a lover of a good Old School Miami Bass track, as long if its not older then 92 to be honest. Miami Bass had its best time from 86 till 89 in my honest opinion. DXJ being the best one for me...but I will have a listen to yourYoutube site and check it out.

I think I have some cool Miami Bass tracks in my Youtube account you can check out if you want. Tracks by Amos Larkin II, Raheem The Dream, Sonarphonics, Real Raw!, Prince rahiem etc etc...

My Youtube:

http://www.youtube.com/user/MusicByBokkiebeh?feature=mhee

• [QUOTE=Bokkiebeh;57982]Welcome FrogLegs...

Miami Bass had its best time from 86 till 89 in my honest opinion. DXJ being the best one for me.

You nailed it.... I also believe Miami Bass was at its' best from 86 to 89! But I stayed with it until 1994... and then I felt like it was pretty much over.
    I put up about 12 Jam Pony Express clips now here they are... http://www.youtube.com/user/JTFrogLegs

What do you all' think?

• Ok... I have put about 24 Jam Pony Express uploads on You Tube so far. I have many more coming soon. I am putting the link up here for all the BASS HEADS out there this 15 minute clip from one of my JPE Mix Tapes has ridiculous amounts of Bass on top of Bass! Anyway here it is..... [ame='

Externer Inhalt www.youtube.com
    Inhalte von externen Seiten werden ohne Ihre Zustimmung nicht automatisch geladen und angezeigt.
    Durch die Aktivierung der externen Inhalte erklären Sie sich damit einverstanden, dass personenbezogene Daten an Drittplattformen übermittelt werden. Mehr Informationen dazu haben wir in unserer Datenschutzerklärung zur Verfügung gestellt.
    ']
    Inhalte von externen Seiten werden ohne Ihre Zustimmung nicht automatisch geladen und angezeigt.
    Durch die Aktivierung der externen Inhalte erklären Sie sich damit einverstanden, dass personenbezogene Daten an Drittplattformen übermittelt werden. Mehr Informationen dazu haben wir in unserer Datenschutzerklärung zur Verfügung gestellt.
    [/ame] !

• Here is another Jam Pony Express Mix that I just uploaded to You Tube today. This one has some serious mixing on it! I think this Mix Tape was from 1989....

[ame='

']
    [/ame]

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!