Best controller for Ableton Live

• Guys, I ve been using touchAble with my ipad since few days, and i can say it is the best controller for Ableton live ever!! And super cheap if you own an ipad. I own a lauchpad, a trigger finger, a nanokontrol and a nocturn, but don't use it anymore...

My workflow is 10 times faster, and it is so fun to use, i highly recommend touchAble, and i don't know why Ableton didn't make this kind of app themselves!!
    Just want to share this gem, this forum is wicked! (just discovered it few days ago)

http://www.touch-able.com

• Zitat von funkator;46567

Guys, I ve been using touchAble with my ipad since few days, and i can say it is the best controller for Ableton live ever!! And super cheap if you own an ipad. I own a lauchpad, a trigger finger, a nanokontrol and a nocturn, but don't use it anymore...

My workflow is 10 times faster, and it is so fun to use, i highly recommend touchAble, and i don't know why Ableton didn't make this kind of app themselves!!
    Just want to share this gem, this forum is wicked! (just discovered it few days ago)

http://www.touch-able.com

Looks good. I Like that it's wireless. Still think I prefer the more 'hands on' feel of the Akai APC40 though.

• Zitat von diplomat;46569

Looks good. I Like that it's wireless. Still think I prefer the more 'hands on' feel of the Akai APC40 though.

I'm with you on that point but i must admit that the benefits from touchAble are BIG!

• I think it depends what you are using it for. The apc40 (what I use) is fantastic for live gigging and jamming. If it had velocity sensitive pads (and motorized faders) it would be great for the production process as well but alas that is not the case. NI machine (or however they spell it) looks like a fantastic option for the production mode user and the akai mpk series midi controllers are very nice as well. The Alesis master control looks like a very nice production mode controller but at $900 they can keep it...lol.

• Zitat von GROW;46614

I think it depends what you are using it for. The apc40 (what I use) is fantastic for live gigging and jamming. If it had velocity sensitive pads (and motorized faders) it would be great for the production process as well but alas that is not the case. NI machine (or however they spell it) looks like a fantastic option for the production mode user and the akai mpk series midi controllers are very nice as well. The Alesis master control looks like a very nice production mode controller but at $900 they can keep it...lol.

touchAlbe has a velocity mode! although iPad is not velocity sensitive, they include a 5 steps velocity depends when you hit the pad or key, + a setting for minimal velocity. That's pretty smart

• TouchAble 1.1 update is just wicked! A lot of cool new stuffs :D
    [ame]

Externer Inhalt vimeo.com
    Inhalte von externen Seiten werden ohne Ihre Zustimmung nicht automatisch geladen und angezeigt.
    Durch die Aktivierung der externen Inhalte erklären Sie sich damit einverstanden, dass personenbezogene Daten an Drittplattformen übermittelt werden. Mehr Informationen dazu haben wir in unserer Datenschutzerklärung zur Verfügung gestellt.
    [/ame]

had to send a msg to support, they replied super quiclky, good team, I'm impressed

• I have to put in a good word for the Novation 25SL. I have the mk2 but the original is very similar and sells for real cheap now. On the mk2 there are LED rings around the 8 encoders, and they map to the macro controls of whatever device you select in Ableton (just like the APC's device control knobs). The thing I love about the Novation though is that it has a screen above the knobs that shows you the name of the parameter and its actual value, so with delay times you see "1/8" instead of some midi value.

It's great for controlling hardware too, I set up a couple knobs and faders to control stuff on my Alpha Juno even though it uses sysex.

• reviving an old thread here ...

any more input?

i'm looking for a controller for production purposes ... i am NOT using ableton in a live setting and i am NOT using the session view. looking for better workflow, better navigation, better control over pots and faders of plugins.

• Update: Bought a used Mackie Control Universal. The motorized faders are very, very sweet!
    I haven't gotten used to the different workflow yet … I have never used a controller and just did everything on my computer keyboard. I still don't know if a "mixing console" style controller is what I need; maybe something like NI Maschine is better for my needs, but I'll give the Mackie Control some more time!

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!