Yes Or No - Street sounds Electro Chart

• I will tell you straight up I have an agenda with my Labels, Sites, Music, Career. OF COURSE! LOL. You must have an agenda to get someplace.

The difference is I do not lie to people saying that I have the power to tell you about the "Top 20" tracks in electro and then using my own resources to manipulate it. The idea of the chart is a good one if done right. On Electrowax there is a Top 10 block that is the top 10 selling records on the site and it is not touched by anyone its just sales numbers.

How do you not see my point?

Yes I am saying that places like EA, EE and even Technobass.net are far more selfless in the overall picture of Electro then just a label. They allow ALL to sign up and promote their music while bringing in next to nothing as far as income. Yes the articles and interviews are associated with our own music and our partners music but that's to be expected.

On Electro Alliance we have Nexus 6 do all our interviews plus record reviews and he can vouch for the fact that I never told him not to review or interview a supposed "Rival" as you call it.

Dominance is not my "Rival"..... LOL. EA & EE work together in case you have not noticed. We support each other and on Electrowax we sell everyone's product no matter what!

This thread's whole purpose began to question the chart. Morgan successfully changed the subject to the whole problem with Electro music overall instead of sticking to the point about the chart. "What's wrong with Electro" should another thread all together.

And this is the point. The chart was held to a high standard on EA & EE and now we are sick of being Lied to about the thing.

As far as I'm concerned the point has been made and Morgan spoke his side of it. We heard from people involved with the chart from the start how it worked and he confirmed what we thought was going on.

Bottom line is we want to see the chart done right or not done at all. Or call it what it really is and leave it at that. Street Sounds Chart and dont lie to people saying its the best of the the current Electro community.

• Zitat von Cozmo D;45825

Yes, I'm being serious. Perhaps we are talking two different things? ???

Because with an average Coatian paycheck you can cover 84,01% of your living costs, this is not including transportation, clothing, culture or EDUCATION.

I guess the world economic crisis is also a factor...

• Zitat von ghosttechnology;45830

Because with an average Coatian paycheck you can cover 84,01% of your living costs, this is not including transportation, clothing, culture or EDUCATION.

I guess the world economic crisis is also a factor...

What does money have to do with it? ???

I started out dead ass broke, both me and my wife working 9 to 5 shit jobs and her getting pregnant and then us with a baby, living in 2 rooms and sharing a kitchen and bathroom in my mother's house. Baby's crib in our bedroom and the studio (if you could call it that) set up in the other. Still put my all into my music, poured my soul into it. Jam On It, Jam On Revenge, Computer Age, Automan, I'm Not A Robot, Destination Earth, Why and No More Running were all written and produced under those conditions along with a hell of a lot of other songs that we never released. Not ONE of those tracks were done as a hobby!

• Zitat von ghosttechnology;45383

hey Lee!

Can you please tell me how emails effect the chart?

So I bet you are a happy person now when the chart is dead :)

• Zitat von morphogenetic;45827

Thank you Coz, that was a kind comment, i am glad you notice it. I am very hard on myself about it, so i tend to think the worse of my work, although at the same time i like it. Its a weird love and hate kinda thing.

I know what you mean though, songs ARE like children. I always say that making music must be somewhat like giving birth...just spending all that time seeing things grow, and then...off they go out into the world! I swear i feel like a parent sending their child off to college when i finish a track and send it off to a label or to master...i even get teary eyed! ;D

You get me. :)

• Ok attack me and my music personally. All good. I can take it I'm a big boy.

I'm not going to fire back and diss you on any aspect of your music or what you have done or accomplished. I will not stoop down to your level.

However on the subject of Electro Alliance go look at the official interviews and record reviews section. A majority of the content has nothing to do with Exzakt or Monotone. It's not all about me so I'm not sure what you are talking about. And as far as it not being as relevant as it was some years ago is kind of an insult. Yes the traffic has dropped however we have been in a transition the last year trying to get the new system in place just like what happened here at Electro Empire a long time ago. When your actually paying to have someone program the site and not throwing together a Facebook page or Blogger page its a little more complicated then you think. Also takes money which I have solely paid for out of my own pocket for almost 10 years now.

If you are talking about the Ad space well that's paid for by Electrowax and that space is for items that are on Electrowax that are the top items.

Electro Alliance is about to be relaunched and we are confident it will once again be a important part in the promotion of the Electro Community.

Oh and Santino if you are sick of EA and its not relevant then why do you post again and again in there about Technobass.net news? LOL.

If Morgan is really killing the chart then that's weak. If I would have folded under pressure of scrutiny EA would have been shut down years ago. It goes to show that Morgan was running the thing from the start to promote only Street Sounds so he should have just said that from the start. Period.

• Zitat von Cozmo D;45833

What does money have to do with it? ???

I started out dead ass broke, both me and my wife working 9 to 5 shit jobs and her getting pregnant and then us with a baby, living in 2 rooms and sharing a kitchen and bathroom in my mother's house. Baby's crib in our bedroom and the studio (if you could call it that) set up in the other. Still put my all into my music, poured my soul into it. Jam On It, Jam On Revenge, Computer Age, Automan, I'm Not A Robot, Destination Earth, Why and No More Running were all written and produced under those conditions along with a hell of a lot of other songs that we never released. Not ONE of those tracks were done as a hobby!

Ok man, so to do something in professional manner you have to live from it right?

This is really wrong way of thinking.

All our releases are getting professional approach, from mastering to cover design and promotion.

All of the crew from my label is highly educated people persuing a career in economy, sociology and graphics design and communication.

Music is what we love and we do it non profit as there are better ways of income.

I am more than happy for you that you were able to fulfill your dream as a musician but this doesnt happen in 99% of the cases and you cant argue that.

How would you explain binalogs recent compilation? it is not his main business, the man is a dentist and he can afford to take his hobby and love for music to a whole other level by financing it from a job that took years and years of hard work and dedication.

You are taking this way off topic.

• I guess it was always bound to get messy after a while, i think it was left too long until this debate.
    Trouble is, no-one seems to want to be labelled as a "hater" purely because they have issues or questions over something.
    Dont like a track? you a hater.
    Dont like this dj ? you a hater.
    Not true.
    We dont all like the same things and we should be allowed to express this in a constructive way.

This was a classic example of a pebble rolling downhill that turned into a boulder.

I will continue to tune in to the show Lee, and support you as you have me.
    Electro continues...
    'nuff said.

• Zitat von Cozmo D;45844

When people campaigned to get rid of it he figured why bother. Who needs all the crap?

That i dont agree with.
    Some things have been left hanging in the air.
    The integrity of the chart has been severely questioned and quite honestly i couldnt see it carrying on in its curent form.
    I agree it is a shame it went this route, but its done now.

• And by the way, here is what a female member of my crew says:

in our country women do not financially support the men, it is considered a shame, also streets are not made of asfalt, beacause this is the wild wild east not America.

Cute, wouldnt you agree :)

Destination earth, still in my top 10!

• Zitat von exzakt;45837

If Morgan is really killing the chart then that's weak. If I would have folded under pressure of scrutiny EA would have been shut down years ago. It goes to show that Morgan was running the thing from the start to promote only Street Sounds so he should have just said that from the start. Period.

If it was strictly a promotional tool for Street Sounds why would he kill it?

• Zitat von ghosttechnology;45840

Ok man, so to do something in professional manner you have to live from it right?

This is really wrong way of thinking.

Again, I NEVER used the word professional. We seem to be losing something in the translation. I just told you that I do not live from my music alone, and back when I made my most popular and successful songs I did not make ANY money from my music!

Zitat von ghosttechnology;45840

All our releases are getting professional approach, from mastering to cover design and promotion.

All of the crew from my label is highly educated people persuing a career in economy, sociology and graphics design and communication.

Then you guys are MORE professional than ME! I do EVERYTHING myself on my computer, and for most of my releases I print out labels and booklets and press CDRs! I never said a damm thing about professional!

I am more than happy for you that you were able to fulfill your dream as a musician but this doesnt happen in 99% of the cases and you cant argue that.

Yes, I know that I am very blessed and I count those blessings every day!

Music is what we love and we do it non profit as there are better ways of income.

There is nothing wrong with that, though I would think that if you saw the opportunity to make some money with your music you would do it, right?

How would you explain binalogs recent compilation? it is not his main business, the man is a dentist and he can afford to take his hobby and love for music to a whole other level by financing it from a job that took years and years of hard work and dedication.

Why would I try to explain it? I am trying to do the same thing. I really think that your idea of a hobby and mine are two different things.

You are taking this way off topic.

I am? Aren't you participating in the conversation?

• Zitat von exzakt;45850

If it was for the betterment of Electro then why would he kill it?

Because it wasn't worth it to do it anymore? Would you put in hard work every week putting together a chart when the very people who were benefitting from that chart were openly attacking you and impugning your integrity? I wouldn't.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!