Yes Or No - Street sounds Electro Chart

• Zitat von ghosttechnology;45383

hey Lee!

Can you please tell me how emails effect the chart?

well as far as i know

all Emails containing Chart submissions ( what i do is submit my Favorite 20 electro records every week ) sent to streetsoundsmusic.co.uk ar all tallied up along with sales sales charts from various sources and then number crunched to make up the chart every wekk i get sent the chart from streetsounds and compile it for airplay

hope this answers your Question

Thank you

SHAME ON YOU

• Well not completely,

For example how do you get sales records of our tracks?

This would take some real data mining to get.

Since we get them from our distribution quarterly.

I have seen some facebook spam recently stating : vote for my track by sending an email to streetsounds.

This makes a problem obviously since it makes the whole thing very unreliable, people who dont necessarily listen to your show or electro at all can vote for something they havent even heard.

I could easily test this by making a spam bot but that would too much.

We asre starting to doubt the relevancy of this chart and if the above is a case do not wish to contribute to non relevant information.

Perhaps Morgan could answer my question in more detail if you are unable to.

• Hey come on man, don't take that chart too serious. It's just a list where you can see what's hip now in the Nu electro scene. Also maybe some inside promotion too for the SS Nu electro compilations ;D But hey, if you got a good track and you post it here on the forums or send it to Leeroy, it most definitely end up on that list :)

• Zitat von satak;45396

Hey come on man, don't take that chart too serious. It's just a list where you can see what's hip now in the Nu electro scene. Also maybe some inside promotion too for the SS Nu electro compilations ;D But hey, if you got a good track and you post it here on the forums or send it to Leeroy, it most definitely end up on that list :)

Mmmh why does the track have to be sent to Leeroy to end up on the list
    as there are many other radio shows that play electro,and correct me if i'm wrong but isn't
    the chart also made up from radio airplay as well as sales figures,which in turn would mean all the radio shows that play the tracks are also totalled up every week ???

• Zitat von satak;45396

Hey come on man, don't take that chart too serious. It's just a list where you can see what's hip now in the Nu electro scene. Also maybe some inside promotion too for the SS Nu electro compilations ;D But hey, if you got a good track and you post it here on the forums or send it to Leeroy, it most definitely end up on that list :)

Im not taking it serious at all, im just asking maby you havent read my post in full :)

cheers.

• Zitat von Mixmaster_Mirage;45397

Mmmh why does the track have to be sent to Leeroy to end up on the list
    as there are many other radio shows that play electro,and correct me if i'm wrong but isn't
    the chart also made up from radio airplay as well as sales figures,which in turn would mean all the radio shows that play the tracks are also totalled up every week ???

Well I don't know the _real_ method that SS chart is based but it feels like it's little biased to promote SS compilations or other "close" stuff. If you send track to leeroy and he plays it on hes show then it got some air play and may end up on the list if people like it and vote it for the chart.

• Zitat von satak;45406

Well I don't know the _real_ method that SS chart is based but it feels like it's little biased to promote SS compilations or other "close" stuff. If you send track to leeroy and he plays it on hes show then it got some air play and may end up on the list if people like it and vote it for the chart.

Ok dont get me wrong here i'm not having a go at Lee these are just simple
    questions as well from Ghost,but i dont think Lee has the answers to them.

Taken from the SS website.

"The Street Sounds Electro Chart is made up from sales, radio/club airplay and from charts submitted by the Dons of Electro."

Never realised Club play was also included i wonder how thats worked out? i'm just curious ::)

• Well theres only one way to find out Morgan@streetsoundsmusic.co.uk Tell him Lee sent you

But for what its worth here is my personal opinion on the situation with the chart.

There isnt a week goes by that i dont get email from listeners and Producers asking Why is that track in the Chart or Why isnt that track in the chart , and also Why did that track make it on to Nu Electro or Why Didnt That Track make it on to Nu Electro.

And Truthfully i dont know. I am only the Voice on the airwaves reading out the chart

and to quote Mirage :
    "Mmmh why does the track have to be sent to Leeroy to end up on the list
    as there are many other radio shows that play electro"

I couldnt Agree more , But i do submit my selection for the chart every week made up from Trax that i like not trax that i get given & if i do like a track and i havent been lucky enough to have been given it i still buy it and submit it,
    But if other djs on other shows/ stations dont submit there selections then thats no fault of mine or Streetsounds.

On another Note I dont work or get paid by Streetsounds for anything i do I do my show at my cost because I love Music regardless of whos Label its on or where it came from, and the reason i do the chart is because i think its good for the scene ( There is More Electro Out There Now Then Ever Before Regardless of what you think of the Chart )

over the past Few Weeks ive done the rounds Via Email to a few people who i think are important to the Electro Scene and i would say that 70% are in favour of the chart ok they were concerns about the possibility of corruption but i know a lot of artists in the chart who also use it to there benefit also ( Yes i know who You Are )

so thats the reason i am still doing it at this point in time.

and having anything to do with a company ( Streetsounds ) that changed my live back when i was a kid is a dream come true for me.

Just My Opinion

SHAME ON YOU

• Lee you are doing a good job, nobody is questioning your performance or goals here.

On a personal note I think you are a good chap :)

I am however questioning the relevancy of the chart, some could say I am acting this way because our releases dont get high ratings, which they do, our that we are jealous which is certanly not the case.

I find your show a great promotion tool and greatly appreciate that we get played on the show.

The real case here is as I already stated "This makes a problem obviously since it makes the whole thing very unreliable, people who dont necessarily listen to your show or electro at all can vote for something they havent even heard."

I am certanly not going to email Morgan, even if I did and get a reply I would post it here, no matter what the outcome would be and openly state that I was wrong to question it.

• From an artist point of view, i still think a chart is a great thing. It's nice to have some kind of weekly reference as to what is hot or not for those unable to keep up with the latest tracks.
    However, there does seem to be some confusion as to the crtieria needed to actually get into the chart.
    I hear people asking why this or that isn't in the chart (i'm sure we all do it), it's called opinion.
    My main issue is the transparency of the chart, things like sales and airplay figures are not easy to obtain, especially as most of us receive sales reports only quarterly.
    If it is based upon charts from say Juno, then clearly something wrong as many of the heavy hitters in that chart are nowhere to be seen in the SS chart.
    Is it simply that people are not voting for these tracks?
    I could list a heap of releases considered top quality electro that haven't been anywhere near the SS chart, and i think this fact is making people sceptical.
    One last point, the amount of Nu Electro vol.3 tracks hitting no.1 and the chart in general is bound to raise some issue of self promotion (this is not a dig at Streetsounds, merely an observation reported by individuals i have chatted with)
    I guess to sum it all up, lets have some clarification as to the whole process.
    We need to try and take this music forward, too much pulling in opposite directions right now.

my 2 cents worth.

• Its Been Removed Due to all the Bad Press i guess

Zitat von Mixmaster_Mirage;45416

i was trying to find the chart thread on here it seems to have dissappeared or i'm looking in the wrong
    place anyone any ideas?

SHAME ON YOU

• I totally agree with Nick, i think you are doing a great job with the chart every week and always enjoy the show.
    From my point of view, this is in no way a dig at you Lee.
    Your support is always appreciated.

• Seriously Guys i dont see it as a dig at me Im thankfull to you all for joining me everyweek. I see you all as Friends regardless of weather we have met in person.

But it gets a bit annoying having to answer Questions for someone else after a while.

SHAME ON YOU

• Firstly – Lee, you do a great job presenting the chart. Like the others have already
    said, the problem is only about the way that its getting compiled by Morgan Khan.

Sales figures, club play, radio airplay – although explicitly stated as references,
    i'm pretty sure none of this plays any role in this chart, simply because its not really
    detectable for this type of international underground scene.

The problem with this chart is that Street Sounds sells it as something authentic
    and scene representing, which it is clearly not.
    The amount of Street Sounds related
    no.1 positions and the lack of other Electro releases happening in this chart, just made
    it too obvious in recent times.

Whether that happens on purpose or because there are simply not enough people
    from outside of the Street Sounds fan base submitting votes – after some extensive
    talks to a lot of people of the Electro scene, we decided to remove the official feature
    of this chart (the sticky thread in the newschool section) from Electro Empire.

The initial idea to have one big chart for the scene was good, but if it ends up mainly
    serving to promote the one label that runs it, then thats not good, and its nothing that
    should be officially featured on a place like this, that aims to support all labels and
    artists of the scene on an equal level.

Of course everyone can do charts like they want. It just should not be put into a wrong context.

We are thinking about ways to possibly build up a chart voting system for Electro Empire,
    that is 100% transparent. But its complecated and expensive to be programmed.
    So this might still take some time. In the meantime, how about having a sticky thread
    for everyone to post personal charts?

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!