Yes Or No - Street sounds Electro Chart

• DISCLAIMER:
    I apologize in advance to whom may feel as though i needed to refrain from airing this matter. It's not at all personal. I's all business and a select few can heed this caution and learn from an old schoolers mistakes...still!

This thread has been brought to my attention by a fiend & was subsequently invited here to voice up. So here's my misfortune with the said label in question. In regard to "professionalism" i sadly chime in with a regrettable experience. See to all you unsuspecting peeps riding the bandwagon of "love & respect" you will be stifled at this newsflash i share. It's not that i'm too old or too young to give a freak, i'm in my mid-life crisis and so i MAXIMALLY don't give a freak!

I'm that fool who produced the Egyptian Lover track that was #1 on that special chart for more times than truly necessary. I'm that fool who was reassured i would be compensated. I always look for a spark of good in people before assuming the worst. I'm that fool who later began requesting by email and voice conversation for a royalty agreement for my work but surprisingly never got one. 20 months later I'm that fool who still waits for a petty compensation handout. Ohhh i don't know, maybe a hamburger from McDonalds or maybe some cotton candy from a clown! Nothing, nada, nichts, rien. Current state: Silence. Conveniently communication went dormant but alas i did get a "thank you" for delivering the "anchor track for volume 1". Classic example. I got burned yet again for believing. It's a good thing i don't depend on the money.

I'm that fool...

• sheesh, who gives a fuck! NEWS FLASH PEOPLE NO ONE LISTENS TO ELECTRO!! out there! who cares how the damn thing is put together, rocks my subs every week and as far as i'm concerned that's all that matters...

has anyone become and richer or more famous for being on the Chart NOOO!!

it's Morgan's chart if he wants to put Elvis fucking presly on it he can and if you don't like it (and i was Morgan) I say stick it up ur bum! make ur own chart dude if you're not satisfied how its going :rolled eyes:

this ain't the freagn' Casey Casen's top 40 people.

pffffff bunch of premadonas up in hur! and really what the do dirt roads have to do with anything... i lived on one for most of my life and i still got a pencil dick

"There are no problems, only solutions".

• Zitat von debonaire;45983

DISCLAIMER:
    I apologize in advance to whom may feel as though i needed to refrain from airing this matter. It's not at all personal. I's all business and a select few can heed this caution and learn from an old schoolers mistakes...still!

This thread has been brought to my attention by a fiend & was subsequently invited here to voice up. So here's my misfortune with the said label in question. In regard to "professionalism" i sadly chime in with a regrettable experience. See to all you unsuspecting peeps riding the bandwagon of "love & respect" you will be stifled at this newsflash i share. It's not that i'm too old or too young to give a freak, i'm in my mid-life crisis and so i MAXIMALLY don't give a freak!

I'm that fool who produced the Egyptian Lover track that was #1 on that special chart for more times than truly necessary. I'm that fool who was reassured i would be compensated. I always look for a spark of good in people before assuming the worst. I'm that fool who later began requesting by email and voice conversation for a royalty agreement for my work but surprisingly never got one. 20 months later I'm that fool who still waits for a petty compensation handout. Ohhh i don't know, maybe a hamburger from McDonalds or maybe some cotton candy from a clown! Nothing, nada, nichts, rien. Current state: Silence. Conveniently communication went dormant but alas i did get a "thank you" for delivering the "anchor track for volume 1". Classic example. I got burned yet again for believing. It's a good thing i don't depend on the money.

I'm that fool...

i hear ya deb,,, 8)

take with a pinch of salt, onwards and upwards :cylon:

if money was the main factor behind me producing electro i would have had to stop a long time ago,i get pissed at the situation from time to time ,but at the end of the day i still love electro music and will continue to do it best i can..regardless moreso now about money issues.

• Zitat von lb.IP;45984

sheesh, who gives a fuck! NEWS FLASH PEOPLE NO ONE LISTENS TO ELECTRO!! out there! who cares how the damn thing is put together, rocks my subs every week and as far as i'm concerned that's all that matters...

has anyone become and richer or more famous for being on the Chart NOOO!!

it's Morgan's chart if he wants to put Elvis fucking presly on it he can and if you don't like it (and i was Morgan) I say stick it up ur bum! make ur own chart dude if you're not satisfied how its going :rolled eyes:

this ain't the freagn' Casey Casen's top 40 people.

pffffff bunch of premadonas up in hur! and really what the do dirt roads have to do with anything... i lived on one for most of my life and i still got a pencil dick ;)

that was helpful. thanks for your input. it means a lot to us.

• Zitat von debonaire;45983

DISCLAIMER:

I'm that fool...

I feel you Deb, I've been that fool more than once. I'm allergic to the foolishness now, and will only deal with it in situations of my choosing, eyes wide open.

Since you have decided to air this here let me ask you a few questions. "Do You Wanna Get Down" is listed as Egyptian Lover with you doing the mix. Was it your deal or was it Egypt's? Did Egypt get paid? Who owns the master, you or Egypt (or Morgan)?

You said that you never even got an agreement, I don't understand this. How did Morgan get the track then? Or does Egypt own the master, made an agreement with Morgan, and then he gave him the track? If that is the case, shouldn't your agreement be with Egypt? Or did Morgan hire you to remix Egypt's track for the compilation?

Just trying to clear things up a bit man. ;)

• Sup Cozmo :D

M was the marriage maker. He insisted i produce the track for a set of awfully sloppy audio recordings of Egypt vocal outtakes. Egypt sent me the vocals direct. As God is my witness the vocals sounded like trash. Poorly recorded. Noisy. Completely out of sync with one another & dis-arranged. I slaved for countless hours just cleaning up some one else's dirty work. I then produced the beat around Egypts new polished vocal arrangement. 50 hours of professional studio time later what you hear is what i've done. I kept getting spoon fed that an agreement was on the way, that i would be "taken care of" & rewarded for accomplishing the seemingly undoable given the supplied voice tracks. After more requests than necessary to confront business & compensation i eventually realized i was duped & gave it up. Fell on deaf ears. Anyway, the moral of the story i was sweet talked into accepting vocal royalty terms. I displayed good will & positive intent. I had never in my life been so lax with business but somehow i let my guard down & just for a nanosecond decision i now report this disappointment.

I cant imagine Egypt not getting paid...but then for what i would ask. The opportunist use of his name i suppose (along with mine). Master? I'm certain Egypt wrote the lyrics. Thats all i can confirm. The rest is my doing (with the exception of 1 or 2 sounds from Egypts original song). I was brought in to remix but found myself audio scrubbing, arranging, composing & producing 95% of the time. Call it what you want. I did my job.

Today I have nothing to show for it. Not even a chart position...but i'm still smiling though ;D

• Zitat von debonaire;46011

Sup Cozmo :D

M was the marriage maker. He insisted i produce the track for a set of awfully sloppy audio recordings of Egypt vocal outtakes. Egypt sent me the vocals direct. As God is my witness the vocals sounded like trash. Poorly recorded. Noisy. Completely out of sync with one another & dis-arranged. I slaved for countless hours just cleaning up some one else's dirty work. I then produced the beat around Egypts new polished vocal arrangement. 50 hours of professional studio time later what you hear is what i've done. I kept getting spoon fed that an agreement was on the way, that i would be "taken care of" & rewarded for accomplishing the seemingly undoable given the supplied voice tracks. After more requests than necessary to confront business & compensation i eventually realized i was duped & gave it up. Fell on deaf ears. Anyway, the moral of the story i was sweet talked into accepting vocal royalty terms. I displayed good will & positive intent. I had never in my life been so lax with business but somehow i let my guard down & just for a nanosecond decision i know report this disappointment.

I cant imagine Egypt not getting paid...but then for what i would ask. The opportunist use of his name i suppose (along with mine). Master? I'm certain Egypt wrote the lyrics. Thats all i can confirm. The rest is my doing (with the exception of 1 or 2 sounds from Egypts original song). I was brought in to remix but found myself audio scrubbing, arranging, composing & producing 95% of the time. Call it what you want. I did my job.

Today I have nothing to show for it. Not even a chart position...but i'm still smiling though ;D

This is really sad to hear when this type of shit goes on,ive got nothing but respect and admiration for you Deb,your music had been a big influence to me and will continue to be so,same goes for Coz,true professionals that dont have there heads in the clouds and will give the time of day to go out of there way to be on the same level, then this shit happens,makes me sad,dont lose faith homie :cylon:

• so out of everyone who has done trax for streetsounds nu vol 1-3, how many have actually received any ££££$$$$$ from streetsounds?? and i mean production, mirage/dip doing the mixes etc. if you have confirm or let others know if you havent like deb, then the picture might become clearer for some. in my oppinion the chart was biased and i thought some artists were bumped up the chart or entered into the chart so they could maybe be coaxed into doing a track for a forthcoming nu vol... i may be wrong but its my observation, its a shame leeroy had to lose the chart as i know he enjoyed doing the chart, myself i wouldnt have done as it would have took half my show away from me ;D but now leeroy can now concentrate on doing his show the way he wants to again, as i certainly wasnt a fan of the chart, liked trax but not hearing them every week with 1 new entry per week,

• I love how some people think that because this is a small scene, that we should all just keep playing with our toys and not talk about issues...wtf? We are grown up adults who, as far as i am concerned, do this because we believe in it, not just for ourselves, but the greater community and what we can do with it.

The truth is often inconvenient, but it is the truth...you can never hide from it, it will always let itself be known somehow, some way.

I find myself feeling many times like i am the only that actually sees the bigger picture, what we can all accomplish. I am sorry, but i do not wanna hear that Dominance is selling 500 vinyls of some of the most amazing stuff ever heard, or pressing 300 FBI's that we pour our everything into...i want bigger and better things. Not saying i want fame, money and decadence to plague our scene...but surely, we can do a little more.

Just like in our country's politics, you can sit back and watch the whole thing crumble, or you can speak up, be labeled arrogant or petty for doing so; but in the end...you are speaking the truth...

Is anyone gonna seriously tell me that it didnt matter for us to know if Morgan Khan was robbing everyone, manipulating the charts, and god knows what else, while we all keep running around like little girls asking for email votes and being so excited about #1, or #2, supporting the label and just blindly allowing issues to continue brewing?

This is immature imo, and it reflects a larger problem in people...complacency and an unwillingness to speak up....when the truth needs to come out: SPEAK UP!!!! 8)

• Three cheers for morph!

• No complaints from me on the payment side of things i was paid for my mixes on NU ELECTRO VOL 2 (before i handed them in) and i even raised my fee for NU VOL 3 and was paid more although i'm not going to go into exact details of how much,as its personal between me and Morgan. :)

i also recieved numerous copies of both CDs and Vinyls that i wasn't expecting.

Sorry to hear about anyone elses situation but i never let my guard down in any of my business
    with anybody,thats just the way i roll,and anyone that does especially with experience in business should know this no matter what promises your fed. ;)

• Zitat von debonaire;46011

M was the marriage maker. He insisted i produce the track for a set of awfully sloppy audio recordings of Egypt vocal outtakes.

Ahh, I feel you, so you were hired by Morgan to do a remix of Egypt's master. Lesson learned my friend, for a Work For Hire I ALWAYS insist on at least half upfront. He is absolutely wrong if he has not paid you. I would guess that he came back into the Electro scene thinking there was money to be made and making promises and then ended up with his hopes dashed. He probably also soon learned that apparently nobody pays for remixes in this scene. Regardless though, if he promised you money he should have paid you.

Zitat von debonaire;46011

Anyway, the moral of the story i was sweet talked into accepting vocal royalty terms.

Wait a minute, so you do have an agreement? One for vocal royalties (whatever that is)? Was there supposed to be an advance? Were there deductions for packaging or other expenses? Are you sure that you're due money and not just a statement?

Zitat von debonaire;46011

I cant imagine Egypt not getting paid...but then for what i would ask.

For the use of his master of course. Compilations are made with licenses between the comp owner and the master owner. I'm sure that you know that.

A few more questions. You and Darxid had "Intercontinental Bass Express" on Vol 2. I gather that was Darxid's deal and master as I can't imagine you having any further dealings with Morgan after him making you promises and then not coming through with them. I know that I sure as hell wouldn't. Did Darxid get paid, and if so did he pay you? Were you aware that he was doing a deal with Street Sounds, and if so why did you go along with it? Come to think of it, I now clearly remember you promoting that track and the Street Sounds album at that time, why would you do this if Morgan had previously screwed you? ???

Again, this is really none of my business, but since this thread has now descended from attacking the chart to attacking Morgan's integrity and business practices I feel compelled to make sure that these accusations are fair.

• Zitat von hecg;46017

so out of everyone who has done trax for streetsounds nu vol 1-3, how many have actually received any ££££$$$$$ from streetsounds?? and i mean production, mirage/dip doing the mixes etc. if you have confirm or let others know if you havent like deb, then the picture might become clearer for some.

So we're now going to audit Street Sounds in this thread? Get everybody's personal and business finances out in the open? Seems like the hatred and jealousy is reaching a fever pitch now. Tell you what, while we're at it, why don't we do the same with all of the other Electro labels around here. Let's see how many people have actually received ££££$$$$$ from THOSE labels!

We'll see how long t takes for this thread to get locked or deleted. :D

• but really folks...if you started listening to the chart back when Martin had it and you didn't know it was bias you were just plain nieve. and if you just figured this out well...

the chart was entertainment, to me, nothing more, nothing less, "dons of Electro" that's the people who vote. "sales and radio air play" so you really thought people were sitting around week after week after week keeping track of this? come on...

my post two pages back, when i defended Morgan, was before i read Deb's post about not getting paid.

bias chart, no biggy, imo people knowingly doing shady business, not cool, and i'd never defend that. if it is true or accurae

and i stick by my statement about no one out there is listening to Electro, i stick to it. because it's true...i'll keep listening and i'll keep playing it, just like i'll keep telling people how fuct our Gov. is, and i'll keep getting funny looks and comments from my family and friends for both...but just like my Gov. rants... the only people hearing my Electro are the ones who want to, and i'm fine with that...it is what it is.

i am slowly coming to the conclusion that most people are preprogrammed close minded drones and there is very little i can do about that :-/

my main reason for posting anything on this at all is GFR's rep...period

"There are no problems, only solutions".

• Zitat von morphogenetic;46022

Is anyone gonna seriously tell me that it didnt matter for us to know if Morgan Khan was robbing everyone, manipulating the charts, and god knows what else, while we all keep running around like little girls asking for email votes and being so excited about #1, or #2, supporting the label and just blindly allowing issues to continue brewing?

It matters to me to know if ANYBODY is robbing people in this business. Why just the Morgan Khan witch hunt?

• Zitat von Mixmaster_Mirage;46024

No complaints from me on the payment side of things i was paid for my mixes on NU ELECTRO VOL 2 (before i handed them in) and i even raised my fee for NU VOL 3 and was paid more although i'm not going to go into exact details of how much,as its personal between me and Morgan. :)

i also recieved numerous copies of both CDs and Vinyls that i wasn't expecting.

I'm sure that many people here will be disappointed to read this! ;D

Zitat von Mixmaster_Mirage;46024

Sorry to hear about anyone elses situation but i never let my guard down in any of my business
    with anybody,thats just the way i roll,and anyone that does especially with experience in business should know this no matter what promises your fed. ;)

Hear Hear! :)

Two axioms that I live by when it comes down to the music business. If it ain't in writing, it ain't. And, Never believe it until you can spend it. 8)

• I agree, but since this thread is about trying to figure out if Morgan was up to something, it seemed rather curious that so many are out on FB and other places now claiming how wrong this thread is for even being created...like i said, if issues arise, why should we not deal with them? it doesnt matter if its Morgan, Obama, whoever cheating somebody, the community ought to know... :-/

It just seems that the majority of the people wanna keep their heads in the sand and not confront the truth when it is in need of confronting...like we should just hide behind our synths while chaos engulfs the scene for whatever reason.

Zitat von Cozmo D;46029

It matters to me to know if ANYBODY is robbing people in this business. Why just the Morgan Khan witch hunt?

• Ok, I guess as your going to bring me into this by silently attacking my opinions I should respond as I have a lot of respect not only for your music, but also for the way you have integrated your love for electro into yours and Starrie's lives. Making music from the heart, creating an unbiased online community geared towards raising awareness about EVERYONE'S music, and displaying an intelligent and non condescending persona to all who are interested in this music that has become a religion to people like us are all actions that I admire and inspire me on the daily...

These are the type of actions that I feel speak to community in a positive manner. Of course issues must be discussed and when people get screwed yes people should hear about it when it applies to the community... but most of what has been said here is mudslinging that should be kept private. I started making music because I have a lot to say about the world around me, the experiences I have had, and the people who have affected my life that simply cannot be expressed through words alone. Music is more than "playing with my toys" ..it is how I both get in touch with my true feelings and the way I choose to share them with others. The points have been made here (and then some)...let's rebuild. There is no reason to continue on rubbing each others faces in this and bringing out more personal attacks against each other. Honestly, do you feel this is a how we can do what is best for the promotion and preservation of Electro music? Maybe....but I feel the best contribution I can make is through my music. And if I choose to try to get others to make the same contribution I fail to see how this is "turning our backs" I see it as a SOLUTION to this mess. And as we both have the same common goal of spreading the word about electro music and making sure it is not only here to stay but also to prosper and GROW, It surprises me that you publicly condemn another avenue that can be taken that differs from the one you are taking.

I hear a lot of complaining and a lot of accusations here and yes many of them have their right...It is much easier to complain than it is to offer a solution. And yes Santino some of your solutions for the chart issue sound fantastic! And I will be here to support them...but that was pages ago in this thread. My response of engaging the music may not fix these issues at hand but I am sure it will do more good than the direction this thread has gone. If we focus on how we can help each other and the music instead of talking smack about each other in public for all to read we stimulate an environment conducive to growth not decay.

You asked us to speak up so I did...please don't take this as an attack...it is an explanation and hopefully the beginning of more positive solutions. The beauty of a community lies within it's members and each and every one of us has a unique contribution that can be made to promote evolution.

• I wasn't attacking you or even singling you out in any way Adam. I just have read many comments this morning from many people who just accuse everything here as over inflated egos and this and that. Yes, in some ways there has been a bit of negativity, but obviously a lot has come out in the open that needed to be known. Like i said before, its inconvenient, but it is truth and needs to be told.

I am honestly shocked at how many people are complaining of wrong doing by SS, and i don't think it should be kept quiet. For far too long i have had many people secretly telling me things and asking how it is for me or if i feel Morgan is a bad guy or not. I personally feel from speaking to him that he is not a bad person, maybe old school minded in terms of music business, but that is not necessarily bad in every way. The point is that many have had issues with him and finally getting it out in the open is best to find out, hopefully from Morgan, why so many people feel done wrong in terms of payment, receiving samples, or doing anything that was promised as part of an agreement in the beginning.

Are you gonna say everyone's story here from me, to Matthias, Debonaire, etc are all lies or just over-inflated egos flaring up for no reason? I don't think this thread should have gone as negative as it has, but i am thankful that everyone is finally coming out and being honest. I don't think it is fair to assume people here are just mudslinging to make Morgan look bad.

As i said before, perhaps to some, this is simple jealousy or hate for no legitimate reason, and if that is the case, it needs to be confronted as well. I don't think however, that it should be assumed that every single person is doing this out of hate or ill intent, if there are legitimate concerns, it should be addressed. :-/

This to me is nothing but a microcosm of what is happening in our country politically, socially, and even spiritually. And as you know, i am very clear as to what i see happening all over the world, and i will do no differently here. This to me is the most beautiful community of passionately artistic people, and i am very honored to be a part of helping create it, but i will personally not stand back as people come out of the woodwork to destroy the scene with their ignorance. If others are gonna also come out and speak against something, and it is important, why not participate in the discussion? its the same thing as in our political system, everyone just wants to keep their head in the sand, and not confront the issues at hand...as soon as someone tries to, they are labeled a tea partier, right wingnut, etc, etc...

I totally agree that the best approach is to all focus on our music and communicate that way, but that cannot be the only solution to the problem every time unfortunately. If i sat in my studio making music all day all night, and did not try and educate myself about what is happening in the world today, i'd wake up one day to find that everything is gone and there is no more reason for music, since there would be no reason to live essentially. I don't want to do that here, because like you, i want to see this grow... ;)

• Brilliant writing Morph ;)

Coz ---> No accusations here my man. The spin stops here.

Yes compensation was discussed and committed to verbally though never followed through in writing. In a remarkable turn of events, today i discover that Egypt in fact got paid. But I did not receive a dime! The agreement for my work was reviewed many times though it always seemed to get bumped to the side, put in cue, stalled...whatever you wish to call it. What took place with other trax, and what followed on vol 2 with IBE, are entirely separate dealings that did have written agreements involved. Anyhow, my intent is not to defame character but merely to share that a #1 means nothing on a chart and nothing for your pockets. Additionally, i remain insulted that as of today i was told to go fetch my money from Egypt. Egypt never committed anything to me nor did he need to since M was orchestrating and leveraging the song...exclusively and on behalf of SS.

Anyway, stick a fork in it i'm done!
    A good leap of faith gone bad.
    I share facts you decide.

:)

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!