Bambaataa's Theme

• Recently picked up Assault On Precinct 13 on DVD and was probaly over 15 years since i last saw it in any shape or form.

Anyway it never even entered my head that Bambaataa`s Theme sampled some of the music from the movie.

Doh!

Great movie by the way.

:)

[ame]

Externer Inhalt www.youtube.com
    Inhalte von externen Seiten werden ohne Ihre Zustimmung nicht automatisch geladen und angezeigt.
    Durch die Aktivierung der externen Inhalte erklären Sie sich damit einverstanden, dass personenbezogene Daten an Drittplattformen übermittelt werden. Mehr Informationen dazu haben wir in unserer Datenschutzerklärung zur Verfügung gestellt.
    [/ame]

[ame]

Externer Inhalt www.youtube.com
    Inhalte von externen Seiten werden ohne Ihre Zustimmung nicht automatisch geladen und angezeigt.
    Durch die Aktivierung der externen Inhalte erklären Sie sich damit einverstanden, dass personenbezogene Daten an Drittplattformen übermittelt werden. Mehr Informationen dazu haben wir in unserer Datenschutzerklärung zur Verfügung gestellt.
    [/ame]

Live from TTO studios

• John Carpenter masterpiece. Now that you mention the Bambaataa thing, I will need to go watch the movie. Since you brought that up, it would be an interesting thread to see what movies have electro/rap songs in them from the 80's or the movies that the samples are from. :D

• Zitat von llangollen;1660

Anyone seen the new movie of the same name...is it any good....and did they use any of bam's tune on that pic

john's tune you mean?
    the new movie has different average film music... nothing special.
    the 70s movie is the only one you need.

btw
    they finally released Carpenters full "Assault On Precinct 13" score recently (vinyl, cd)
    http://www.amazon.com/Assault-Precin…92417592&sr=1-3

theres an interview with carpenter included in which he says:

"the main title line is basicly a simplification of a lalo schifrin line in "Dirty Harry",
    which in turn was a kind of rip of "the immigrant song" by led zeppelin..."

• I still have a mp3 - "John Carpenter - The End (John Anthony Scratch Mix)", which is the Precinct 13 theme beat but sped up a little with some old cutting and scratching to it. Someone uploaded here quite a while back along with the original "John Carpetner - Main Theme (Assult on precinct 13)".

Very dope beat.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!