Mixdown and Mastering (Questions and Help)

• THE MOST IMPORTANT THING IS NOT TO USE (ABUSE) DYNAMIC TOOLS IN THE MASTER SECTION, EXCITERS OR MULTIBAND COMPRESSORS... OR IF YOU HAVE TO USE THEM, ONLY A LITTLE TOUCH !!

ABOUT THE BITRATE.... 48kHz (OR MULTIPLES, 96kHz, 192kHz...) IS THE BEST RATE... WHY? SIMPLE, THERE IS NO DECIMALS... EXACT NUMBERS !! THAT IS THE REASON I WORK WITH 48Hz AT 24bits! MORE DEEP RESOLUTION ! ;)

WHEN YOU WORK AT 44.1kHz YOU FORCE YOUR COMPUTER TO DO MORE OPERATIONS AND THAT MEANS MORE POSIBILITIES OF FAILURES IN THE END !! ESPECIALLY WHEN YOU ARE WORKING WITH MANY TRACKS, PLUGINS, EFFECTS, ETC !!

ALL THE PEOPLE HAVE A BUTTON CALLED VOLUME IF ITS NOT LOUD ENOUGH. :)

MARV !!

• great resource thanks for sharing

Externer Inhalt soundcloud.com
    Inhalte von externen Seiten werden ohne Ihre Zustimmung nicht automatisch geladen und angezeigt.
    Durch die Aktivierung der externen Inhalte erklären Sie sich damit einverstanden, dass personenbezogene Daten an Drittplattformen übermittelt werden. Mehr Informationen dazu haben wir in unserer Datenschutzerklärung zur Verfügung gestellt.

• Ok I might be a few years late here, but someone might be reading this thread. I did!
    If anyone would like a little tip of how to start off with a basic sound to give some inspiration, seperate your drums out onto seperate channels, even if you're using the same vsti for all of them, and solo the kick drum.
    Add a long drawn out ' cathedral' type reverb. Then use a gate plug in to chop the tail end of the reverb off. Just enough to make sure the hits don't overlap. Eq the bottom end up and make the room shake!
    Now duplicate the snare track, and use something like an 808 snare on one track, and a lower toned snare in the other. Use the sabe reverb as the kick on the snare sound with the most top end/fizz on it, don't hate it, but mix it with the lower snare sound so it sits above the kick nicely. Panning each one slightly can work well.
    If you've used ( for example) 16ths on the closed hi hat track, delete some notes so the pattern is down to 8ths, then add a rhythmic delay plug in, to make it sound like it's playing 16th note patterns. ( sounds crazy I know. Why half the notes, then double them with delay again? )
    If you have done panning on the delay feedback, it'll sound a joke wide now!
    Rough mix your basic drum sounds, and hear how much more LIFE is in them, instead if the sane old 808 clicking away and sounding flat.
    Might not work for everyone, but I can write so much easier if things are sounding alive from the start. :)
    KNEILLX

• I second what Prototype said....maximizers, and this overall trend of compressing everything, and making your final wav a brick, is not good producing. Sure everyone is doing it these days, and it will make your music "seem" as if it is not as well produced because everything else is so loud as compared, but music is meant to be dynamic....that is to say, there should be the natural lows and highs that are the purpose of mixing and the final "Mixdown".....giving it a final compression in which everything is crushed to the ceiling is completely nonsensical....otherwise, why not just bypass mixing, and leave every channel at peak? We wouldnt do that though.

Compression is for what needs attenuation, or needs a boost, like a kick or snare, maybe something else lacking in power...but thats it. On the final bus, be gentle, you want your wave to be as close to peak as possible, but dont squash the whole thing so there are no highs and lows....makes people not wanna listen to your music again. Its part of an on going trend that is destroying music, called "The Loudness Wars".

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Loudness_war

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!