midi keyboard latency problem

• i have had this midi keyboard for quite some time and i never got around to using it cause the high latency is just really annoying.

here's the problem (i'm using ableton live but it will probably be the same for any DAW):
    - i have a laptop computer.
    - NO asio drivers will work on the computer (not the ones that come with the keyboard, not the asio4all).
    - since i have to use the shitty built-in drivers: major latency.

maybe you guys have any ideas/hints that i can still try ... and if not i think i will have to sell it off.

• But you can select them (i.e. they appear in Ableton ?), just don't give you any sound or what ? Strange, if so. Can only guess you know how to set it up right, logical solution is then to replace your laptop with a one that's known working, but 2 drivers not working at all.... have you googled or checked Ableton forum if there are known issues with your interface (you say keyboard, is that a controller-kb with build in audio-interface ?)

• Quote from Edit Patrol;32252

But you can select them (i.e. they appear in Ableton ?), just don't give you any sound or what ? Strange, if so. Can only guess you know how to set it up right, logical solution is then to replace your laptop with a one that's known working, but 2 drivers not working at all.... have you googled or checked Ableton forum if there are known issues with your interface (you say keyboard, is that a controller-kb with build in audio-interface ?)

yes, they all appear in ableton and i can select them. only when i do, i am left with no sound.

apparently this is not a problem with ableton, but with some laptop computers: their on-board soundcard isn't compatible with any asio driver ... i think. but now you got me curious.

oh, and the keyboard is a usb-controller-kb (emu x board).

• Hmm..
    Sounds like it is a soundcard compatibility problem.
    Im guessing its a built in motherboard soundcard, and as you say, its not playing nice with ASIO.
    It may be worth your while to consider a usb soundcard or interface.
    Apart from the improved ASIO performance, the sound quality will be much better.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!