Cubase MIDI Clock issues ( External gear synchronization )

• Hi guys...i need some help before i go crazy. for some time now i have had issues syncing my external hardware to cubase sx. i have everything set on external clock, and the midi clock set to send out of the correct midi ports.

The main thing is that it seems like half the time it works, half the time it doesnt. i also notice this issue with some of the internal components like the arpache 5 ( cubase apreggiator ) and the step designer. it just seems like everything can go completely out of wack...shouldnt a program like this be perfected where it all syncs up fine?

I've been able to get around this for quite some time now, but lately it has really begun getting to me. i was never much a fan of the arpegiator on my synths, but as of late i have really been getting into them and it has become impossible.

Should i go for an external midi clock apart from the one on my soundcard? i am currently using a tascam us 428.

Any help would be appreciated! :)

• Zitat von morphogenetic;31712

Hi guys...i need some help before i go crazy. for some time now i have had issues syncing my external hardware to cubase sx. i have everything set on external clock, and the midi clock set to send out of the correct midi ports.

The main thing is that it seems like half the time it works, half the time it doesnt. i also notice this issue with some of the internal components like the arpache 5 ( cubase apreggiator ) and the step designer. it just seems like everything can go completely out of wack...shouldnt a program like this be perfected where it all syncs up fine?

I've been able to get around this for quite some time now, but lately it has really begun getting to me. i was never much a fan of the arpegiator on my synths, but as of late i have really been getting into them and it has become impossible.

Should i go for an external midi clock apart from the one on my soundcard? i am currently using a tascam us 428.

Any help would be appreciated! :)

you send time code and midi clock at same time? if its yes, only send midi clock

• is Cubase your master? i don't use Cubase, but when I used to run my DAW, Ableton, as the master, it would always lag. So I switched it up to have my hardware be the master and Ableton the slave and it solved the issue.

• Zitat von 214;31814

is Cubase your master? i don't use Cubase, but when I used to run my DAW, Ableton, as the master, it would always lag. So I switched it up to have my hardware be the master and Ableton the slave and it solved the issue.

Really?? Damn, I was thinking to buy Ableton! Do you always have sync problems with Ableton?

Electro is the SF of music !

• Normally you càn put Ableton in charge, that's why i think it's odd it doesn't work with you. So maybe Ableton isn't the perfect live tool after all...

Electro is the SF of music !

• Zitat von M.C.U.;31818

Normally you càn put Ableton in charge, that's why i think it's odd it doesn't work with you. So maybe Ableton isn't the perfect live tool after all...

it could very well be the clocks in the Elektrons. on the Elektron forum, there's always people having issues with Ableton as the master until they reroute to use the clocks on the machines.

i am going to try using ableton as the master again soon and see if i can mess with the syncing because i want to start using the hardware sequencer to control midi in ableton.
    i'll let you know if the problem persists

• Zitat von 214;31814

is Cubase your master? i don't use Cubase, but when I used to run my DAW, Ableton, as the master, it would always lag. So I switched it up to have my hardware be the master and Ableton the slave and it solved the issue.

Thank you Chris! ill try this...i also noticed that if i set Key Sync in the arpeggiator, it also seems to straighten it out for some reason, never used this option before.

Like i said, it works most of the time, but sometimes it doesnt and it bugged the hell out of me.

Thanks again dude :) ...

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!