The BIG Electro Soul / RnB thread

• Zitat von lj;31223

you guys are killing me!

think i need a few days to catch up ... so no more posting in this thread! :D

Am I not allowed to add my favourite Loose Ends tunes

[YT]96Fb7GOynFI[/YT] Slow Down

[YT]lZUaguLl76M[/YT] Nights Of Pleasure

and one more, well 2 versions of the same song!

[YT]PpgpgtRqEQ4[/YT] Surface - Happy

[YT]qSJ_4HQMXAo[/YT] Hi-Tension - Happy

• Excellent! Streetwave's adored logo brought me back sweet memories... plus Morgan's group (did you know that mr. Khan, apart from running the legendary Streetsounds and its sub-label Streetwave, was involved himself in a group?!) Masquerade, whose brilliant "Solution To The Problem" from 1986 unfortunately i can't find on youtube (i guess i'm going to upload it myself-such a great record!). In its place i'm attaching here "Set It Off", another fav by this bunch of guys, powerful cover of Strafe's classic with Diana Caroll on vocals; from 1984...

[YT]ufoZQoq4ksM[/YT]

• Binalog...

Yes, I have the 'Solution' gatefold sleeve version, it features 2 mixes, one version is 'I think' the definitive mix, it's the other side which had a more Rnb flavour, he also released 'One Nation Under A Groove' of which I have 2 different 12" mixes of, but not really for this thread, I was going to search 'Solution' myself to add, so it's not there on Youtube already? suprised, thought it might be...

Set It Off was originally by Strafe I think, and there was a Harlequin 4's version too(may of been released on 'Champion' UK Label, I think I may have every version, not sure, there were tons of 'Set It Off' versions released......I always considered 'Set It Off' Proto-House in style...

while I'm here, more lol!
    [YT]WipX279a1LY[/YT] Paul Hardcastle - Eat Your Heart Out

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_XOY7lsBVpo E,W & F - Let's Groove(A vocoder classic) link no worky

[YT]SE7-tWEEejU[/YT] Dazz Band - Let It Whip

[YT]A7cO_X4_Olc[/YT] Dazz Band - Let It All Blow

They keep coming to me! ;)

• [YT]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/EFqyK8ObgJQ&hl=en_GB&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/EFqyK8ObgJQ&hl=en_GB&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/YT]

Postcode lottery........you're thick if you deny it exists

• Bon Rock, before forming Break Machine(Street Dance/Breakdance Party etc)

[YT]m3lqWyWXsJk[/YT] It's Alright

A fave of mine this one, World Famous Supreme Team

[YT]FHMVkqCKknc[/YT]

The Concept - Mr.DJ

[YT]ZdZAAT-RdbA[/YT]

Apart from Confusion, Get Loose & Release Yourself, Aleem!

[YT]VCUIYHjPsl4[/YT] Fine Young Tender

[YT]adAGcszK4aI[/YT] Love's On Fire

8)

• I'd like to vote this the absolute worst Rnb/Electro hybrid, an answer version to Oran 'Juice' Jones - The Rain, This is one record that never stayed in my Electro collection, hated it!

[YT]WbSdaqWin84[/YT]

Yuk! :-[

Another quite Bad Rnb/Electro fusion, it's got to be the worst Jonzun Crew record ever, shame, loved their other stuff, Space Cowboy etc!

[YT]hW5ApHahbTI[/YT] Lovin'

:uglycomfort:

No more hating, they are my least favourite Electro/Rnb fusions :-X

• [YT]8upeb0D1_c4&feature=related[/YT]

[YT]lf-s0RXupfU[/YT]

[YT]RlDPm_toaGE[/YT]

[YT]Sli8A0lKL_Y&feature=related[/YT]

[YT]r0b7hLY6byY&feature=related[/YT]

[YT]WStVvSRETcs&feature=related[/YT]

[YT]QrYS7vZ5gJo[/YT]

[YT]a2XVIQwpg4s[/YT]

[YT]BMnuAsp5boA[/YT]

[YT]TIIDMEgIxpQ&feature=related[/YT]

• Zitat von breakmixerdst;31252

A fave of mine this one, World Famous Supreme Team

[YT]FHMVkqCKknc[/YT]

man, that's one of my faves too!

and i got 2 remakes of this track for you that are even more soul/r&b:

first one is sort of an outtake that never made it on the duck rock album but appeared on malcolm mclaren's swamp thing a few years later:

[YT]nAYfL2TbLRY[/YT]

and here's amerie - that one came out only a few years ago:

[YT]UeD1OPiehuo[/YT]

• Luv it, just luv it! However my WFST/Mclaren nr.1 tune is by far this:

[YT]Dq_dDiLZl38[/YT]

...and a little trivia: the Art Of Noise, this amazing group of session musicians, sound engineers and producers (Trevor Horn, Anne Dudley, J.J. Jeczalik and more on the way), is behind the sound of the whole "Duck Rock" album. Anne plays all the keys, if this means something about the female musical skills!

• Zitat von binalog;31328

...and a little trivia: the Art Of Noise, this amazing group of session musicians, sound engineers and producers (Trevor Horn, Anne Dudley, J.J. Jeczalik and more on the way), is behind the sound of the whole "Duck Rock" album. Anne plays all the keys, if this means something about the female musical skills!

yeah, i know! i have always wondered what mclaren's part in this was. i find him extremely annoying and the songs where he does "vocals" are my least favorite songs. it would be hard to stomach if he is in any way responsible for the greatness of that album. horn/dudley must have written all the music! ;D

• Zitat von lj;31329

yeah, i know! i have always wondered what mclaren's part in this was. i find him extremely annoying and the songs where he does "vocals" are my least favorite songs. it would be hard to stomach if he is in any way responsible for the greatness of that album. horn/dudley must have written all the music! ;D

He's an extremely annoying person for me too! Unfortunately though, he was the main responsible for that album, at least for putting together the skills of his own discovery, the WFST duo, along with the genius of Thomas Dolby and the AON members...
    I found a comment about him that i believe it expresses 99.99% the way an old-school hip-hop fan feels about his involvement with the genre:

"I swing between liking malcolm and ...Well hating everything he stood for, hijacking the punk scene, confusing the hip hop scene and ...Um whatever with that opera house stuff. But i like many other kids got into hip hop via buffalo gals and duck rock along with rock it, axel f, etc. He was on his own trip that's for sure, bugged out electro ambient double dutch country african strange sample drop sloppy scratched weirdness but production is excellent thanks to art of noise and the cover was cool with keith haring helping out which makes total sense. Love him or hate him he helped the scene (which ever one it was) into the ears of kids everywhere."

• One of my favourite old school raps is Spyder D's version of an already mentioned tune, here's his version of Nu Shooz - I Can't Wait! I like both versions...

[YT]LplXu7X-wTs[/YT]

PS lj I never heard of that other version of WFST - Hey DJ, cheers for posting that, I always did wonder about the 12"s he released after Duck Rock and if there was any hip hop/electro on them... ;D

• here's the wonderful leroy burgess, taken from his red bull music academy lecture.
    usually, the artists would play some of their own music and talk about it, but leroy does it a little differently: he gets so excited about his song that he goes into a little impromptu performance - dopeness!

[YT]ZzXJzoy9M58[/YT]

• Zitat von lj;33904

here's the wonderful leroy burgess, taken from his red bull music academy lecture.
    usually, the artists would play some of their own music and talk about it, but leroy does it a little differently: he gets so excited about his song that he goes into a little impromptu performance - dopeness!

[YT]ZzXJzoy9M58[/YT]

Now that's what i call a... teacher!!! R-E-S-P-E-C-T for the pioneer, the one and only Leroy Burgess, THE VOICE!

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!