UK FRESH 86..... whats your story

• Ahhhhh i remember going to the afternooon show was gutted that no capt rock was on, but the gods were shininhg down when she had flu and instead of just bringing on the next act....Captain Rock went on.....jesus.....i never ran to the front of a stage so quick in my life. Whilst at the front i managed to get steady b's, sir-mix-alot, dj willy wills autographs and was fucked off at dj cheese not bothering to sign any.....crack head!!!!
    I also can still remember luvbug starski going off stage for about 30 mins whilst he took a call from his missus who had just given birth, also the london allstar breakers having a barney with the NY city breakers.
    Did you do any of the artwork for breakdance fever??
    Well i sat next to 3 lads who claimed they did the graf work (or had someting to do with that album)...funny the things you remember.
    Also seeing mr majestic breaking at the back of the arena whilst bambaattaa was playing.
    Still the freshest concert i HAVE EVER been too!!!!

• Can`t tell you nowt `cos i was`nt there .......

......... because my mam would`nt let me go to the smoke,what with being 15 >:(

Live from TTO studios

• Me and my Crew could only dream of going as we were 14 at the time. I remember reading the preview with Electro 12 and thought i'd just be able to ask my mum for the money and she would let me go all the way from Scotland to London on my own or with the crew.... he he.... brought down to earth with a bang!

• Uk fresh certainly is like the Woodstock of Hip Hop, I never went,but I certainly wish i had of gone, or are people looking through rose tinted glasses? were the performances really good? was the sound system reliable and loud enough? or is it me and sour grapes!

• The sound system was huge you could feel the back of your trousers being blown back from the bass.
    The afternoon show was not completely full i reckon about 3/4 full maybe a bit more, but the artists all rocked, i think due to the sheer number of artists performing. I remember it being very loud, whistles and fog horns.........

• I was 15 at the time and went with my cousin who was a couple of years younger.
    It`s still the best event i`ve ever been to.

:cylon: As True Pioneers We know Electro Is Aural Sex!!! :cylon:

• i remeber all the hype about this like it was yesterday,,

i was only 14 and didnt get to go in the end,
    so i busted an handspin on my copy of streetsounds electro 13
    to pay homage :D

• Zitat von mandroid

i remeber all the hype about this like it was yesterday,,

i was only 14 and didnt get to go in the end,
    so i busted an handspin on my copy of streetsounds electro 13
    to pay homage :D

LOL

:cylon: As True Pioneers We know Electro Is Aural Sex!!! :cylon:

• Yea man, I was there, I'd just left school, exams were over and I went to the evening show with my mates, World Class Wreckin Cru were incredible, I've got the WCWC & DJ Cheese show on Mp3 somewhere, capital radio broadcast it some weeks later and my mate taped the whole lot! Yella's electro drum solo, I'd never felt a drum beat like that before, he was only about 18 at the time , they played every thing live! I get chills just thinking about it!
    The rest of the shows a little blurry now a days, but DJ Cheese & word of mouth were a good opening act, early signs of a scratch champ. Capt Rock, tripped over his own mic lead and nearly went A over T on stage. Aleem, they were rather cool, sort of hardcore prince lol, er I remember Bambaataa coming out and giving every one a chance to ZULU!!!!!

I know what you mean about the woodstock thing, it does feel like a bit of pop-cultural history.

real pity bout the lack of footage ;o(

M[E]

• all i remember is picking up THE ANTHEM 12" on the day and turning it over to see WCWC were on the bill! being only 13 then i was pissed off for about the next year or so... :(
    yes the fact that nobody bothered to film this historic event is irritating as hell.
    imagine a DVD boxset of this!!!!

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!