need some vocoder advice

• i have tried the orange vocoder & the vokator (both vsts), but i can't get a halfway decent sound out of it.
    problem is: the vocals sound all muddy and muted, not at all like the raspy and sharp robotic voices i am trying to achieve.
    i guess it all depends on the synth setup, but i have used a lot of different sounds and presets, nothing will help.
    any ideas?

• i'd say the vocal should also be strong and present in all frequencies.
    if both the synth and vocal are strong signals... the rest is up to the vocoder.

maybe experiment a little with eq and compressor... but
    if its still totally not the sound you look for...
    maybe those vocos are not good (i dont know them).

• record the voice as clean as posible
    aply the antares microphone emulator
    then aply a little of pitch (in my case)
    apli the akai vocoder(-2, and eq the bands)
    a little of distortion (not like effect , very subliminal for the harmonics)tube
    a litlte of reverb(deptend about the feeling that you want have)
    this runs fine for me!!
    :)

• "-2" octave
    in akai vocoder you can select the octave if you pres -2(or maybe is -1 now i dont know exactly) you have more deeper the sound!!

• Zitat

AKAI DC VOCODER!plug in

I used to love this little tool with his awesome EQs, but it wasnt released any OSX versions! They stopped at System 9 :"( id like to find some runaround to use it again on mac tho

The Villains Inc 003 - Gab.Gato 'Reprogrammed Ep':
    ELECTRO EMPIRE (the ORIGINAL one) Rmx by BassJunkie
    THE VILLAINS INC Rmx by Max Durante
    S.N.A. Rmx by Dj Stingray 313
    A SCANNER DARKLY Rmx by Sinistarr (DnB Version!)

• i can't get it to work. is this important? what kind of sequencer are you using?
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    isnt important that just is for i you record your voice on a sm58 and you want to have the feeling of akg or neumann is a emulator microphone
    you putit like insert on the sequencer and you have to say it that the root file is recorded on a (example) sm58 and the file out is "emulate an AKG"

i am a cubase freaky!

• Zitat

[quote:oawiobus]AKAI DC VOCODER!plug in

I used to love this little tool with his awesome EQs, but it wasnt released any OSX versions! They stopped at System 9 :"( id like to find some runaround to use it again on mac tho[/quote:oawiobus]
    je je!! fuk you!! MACARRA!!
    big respekt Villano!! ;)

• Zitat

I used to love this little tool with his awesome EQs, but it wasnt released any OSX versions! They stopped at System 9 :"( id like to find some runaround to use it again on mac tho

hey gab ..welcome back. 8)

• try klanglab vokko it's reallly rocks then akai / orange / other or nuendo vocoder might do some tricks but is always a question what type of vocoding are u want in your tracks, but i doesn't see here that some one advise u to use/buy proper mic for recording , or probably u use some behringer stuff 4 recording or similar (pre amp , mixer or similar) , try some experiment with trashy mic for web chat or similar , my advice is to use some broadcast dynamic microphone :)

greets!

• Try some guitar distortions....:)
    Try Reason's vocoder.It is realy good if you know to produce it. (just you need to records wav sounds of your voice,and then to insert them to sampler and then to have a carrier and then to........BLA!!)
    Try FL studio vocoder. (You can do live vocoding if you have mixer)
    Try KORG KAOSS PAD 3.It have the vocoder option,and it is weary similary to SVC 350.
    Try to BURP on mic. ;D

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!