DJ Cheese - 1986 DMC World Final Video

• Zitat von Jimmy Smithson;24222

Fantastic video hey lads expect more to come some rare footage on the way from DMC.

I want to see Chad & Orlando from the same Final. Quality mixing, before it became a scratch-fest bore-athon.............

• ahh ok,id heard that the event was never filmed,but this footage you can see has been filmed on a standard video camera.
    hopefully some similar footage from FRESH 86 might appear one day ...but i doubt it. :"(

• There was a radio interview with Orlando Voorn and Chad Jackson from that night,cant remember if Cheese was interviewed aswell.
    Anyway Voorn was upset and kept saying "if it is a scratch contest,then he is a winner" etc. clearly not happy about Cheese's performance. Chad Jackson seemed happy enough he had gotten some new speakers though as a conselation prize.
    now...you didnt see this on those BEEF dvd's did ya ;-))))

• Zitat von LiveWire;26043

There was a radio interview with Orlando Voorn and Chad Jackson from that night,cant remember if Cheese was interviewed aswell.
    Anyway Voorn was upset and kept saying "if it is a scratch contest,then he is a winner" etc. clearly not happy about Cheese's performance. Chad Jackson seemed happy enough he had gotten some new speakers though as a conselation prize.
    now...you didnt see this on those BEEF dvd's did ya ;-))))

Did you go to that one? i started going to them since 1990 includidng last nights DMC at the indigo 02 arena which was a good night out but comparing dj's last night was not as good as previous dj's however QBERT, ROB SWIFT, CUT MASTER SWIFT, DJ FLY, SWITCH, SHIFTEE, I-DEE PLUS LOADS OF OTHERS alongside KILLA KELLA on the beatbox doing a mega jam getting crazy on 20 turntables ;D for me that was the high light of the 2 day event
    will post up some footage and pics in a seperate thread general chat soon

• By today's standards, frankly standards even the following year, Cheese's performance is laughably amatuer and full of mistakes... it won purely due to setting the new format of scratching but skills were weak! I am the biggest Cheese fan in the world but I'm sure he knew he did not have to do anything spectacular to win, just drop a bomb in the game which is what he did... I'd wish that the DMC mix championships had kept its emphasis on mixing and incorporated as a compliment far more scratching, instead the baby was thrown out with the bathwater...

ELECTROFUNK is a subsidiary of HIP HOP MUSIC AND CULTURE, don't you forget it suckaz...

• Zitat von bhose;26088

By today's standards, frankly standards even the following year, Cheese's performance is laughably amatuer and full of mistakes... it won purely due to setting the new format of scratching but skills were weak! I am the biggest Cheese fan in the world but I'm sure he knew he did not have to do anything spectacular to win, just drop a bomb in the game which is what he did... I'd wish that the DMC mix championships had kept its emphasis on mixing and incorporated as a compliment far more scratching, instead the baby was thrown out with the bathwater...

AGREE
    What shocked me was the team battles and along with 2x decks and a mixer they were allowed to use technology cdj's, laptops, midi controlers, serato, traktor
    i use serato myself but this is a major tornement or is supposed to be
    and the same applies to these djs that have custom records made up, i mean some of these dj's last nights dmc didnt even change a record certainly takes the shine off it

• Zitat von bhose;26088

By today's standards, frankly standards even the following year, Cheese's performance is laughably amatuer and full of mistakes... it won purely due to setting the new format of scratching but skills were weak!

Not for the time though. Listen to UK Fresh for example. He did a very similar routine there and he was MILES better than any other DJ on the night.

Listen to the full length 'Live at Union Square' for example. Jazzy Jeff did that a few months later and it wasn't THAT much better IMO.

I agree with you and Gee though - I dot bored years ago with DMC. Not enough 'mixing' and the whole 'battle-break' record idea is seriously shit.

• Zitat von bhose;26088

, frankly standards even the following year, Cheese's performance is laughably amatuer

Did chad not win it the following year ?

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!