Donna Summer - I Feel Love

• Quote from Cozmo D;21570

TWO of them! Go figure! ;D

LOL @ Go figure!

Like Highlander said "There can only be one :* " :D :D :D

Nobody is really interested in any other Cerrone break because this one is the daddy I guess Coz.

[YT]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/PCTjA9zapLc&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/PCTjA9zapLc&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/YT]

Wonderful isn't it? ;D

The only other break I have on vinyl by him is called Sweet Drums which is complete tosh :-/ Just a drumming track & the pattern is garbage.

So when you back over here big lad?

And also the thread is diverting..........what are your thoughts about Donna Summers I Feel Love being a contender for the first house record?

Postcode lottery........you're thick if you deny it exists

• Well, obviously you weren't rockin' the parks and streets of NY in the '70s or you would have known that there were TWO all-time Cerrone breaks, and frankly, this was the better one...

Starts @ 3:33 :* :P ;D ;D

[YT]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/TujERAmJyK4&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/TujERAmJyK4&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/YT]
    Wonderful, isn't it? ;D

May have a gig in London in July.

As for "I Feel Love", one of my all time favorite DISCO trax, nothing really House about it to me. ;)

Well, obviously you weren't rockin' the parks and streets of NY in the '70s

Quality

or you would have known that there were TWO all-time Cerrone breaks, and frankly, this was the better one...

Lets do a poll then & see who most people agree Cerrones best break was

As for "I Feel Love", one of my all time favorite DISCO trax, nothing really House about it to me

Yeah sound Coz

• Quote from AITCH-SKI;21651

Lets do a poll then & see who most people agree Cerrones best break was

Well, it being the better of the two is IMHO of course, but I do have the proxy approval of quite a few thousand dancers and party rockers who made their opinions known back in the late '70s. I was just bringing it to your attention that there were indeed TWO breaks that Cerrone was known for back in the day. ;)

BTW, this break was never referred to as the song's title, it was simply called "Cerrone 4". 8)

• http://www.discogs.com/Cerrone…lden-Touch/release/190676

The album Cerrone IV The Golden Touch (with your break on ;) )

• Actually, you guys have MANY times the depth and knowledge that I do when it comes down to these records and breaks. I am nowhere near the connoisseur that ANY of you are! Frankly, the depth of your knowledge never ceases to ASTOUND me! MAD RESPECT!!! The advantage that I have is that of time and geography, I was fortunate enough to have been a Brooklyn street DJ in the '70s. Still, I merely played the records, I never studied them to anywhere near the detail that you guys have.

Sorry H, never heard of the Del Signo break. Your turn to school me! ;D

Quote from AITCH-SKI;21663

http://www.discogs.com/Cerrone…lden-Touch/release/190676

The album Cerrone IV The Golden Touch (with your break on ;) )

Right, that's why it was called Cerrone 4. 8)

Sorry H, never heard of the Del Signo break. Your turn to school me! ;D

I'll have to send you a snippet :D

Right, that's why it was called Cerrone 4

I usually refer to songs by their title tracks & not reference them as album titles man

• I always loved rap music cause' I never dug disco!

Seriously, just talking about my own flavor, Good Times sounds good to me when its slowed down, apart from that, I can't stand most disco, I'm sure I'm completely on my own on this one.... much prefer raw dirty sparse funk.

ELECTROFUNK is a subsidiary of HIP HOP MUSIC AND CULTURE, don't you forget it suckaz...

• Quote from beagle;21753

Bhose, I don't like much disco, but I challenge you to listen to "I hear music in the Street" by Unlimited Touch without raising a smile and feeling good:

http://www.dailymotion.com/vid…i-hear-music-in-the_music

It's a summer's day winner! :D

Hey I got this 12", no way is that disco anyway?? Straight P-Funk Club Classic! Yeah I feel that definitely, felt it when it came out!

ELECTROFUNK is a subsidiary of HIP HOP MUSIC AND CULTURE, don't you forget it suckaz...

• Quote from Cozmo D;21732

So do I and everybody else. That's why I thought that you might be interested to know that this perticular break was referred to simply as "Cerrone 4".

Yes I appreciate that but at the end of the day Coz, you cannot deny though the tracks "proper" title is Look For Love can you? It's like referring to Apache as Bongo Rock (coz Bongo Rock is the album name).

• Quote from bhose;21761

Hey I got this 12", no way is that disco anyway?? Straight P-Funk Club Classic! Yeah I feel that definitely, felt it when it came out!

Yeah great track - got that on a comp!! Reminds me of Sharon Redd ;D

• Quote from beagle;21772

sounds like disco to me.

Stop re-writing the rules Bhose to suit you. ;D

Look Brad, that is not 'disco' full stop man! That's not an opinon that's fact! REALLY! I'm into my 70's and 80's soul & Funk & P-Funk big-time, I was into it real-time before hip hop and during hip hop, THAT IS NOT DISCO! I'LL BET MY RECORD COLLECTION ON IT THAT COZMO CONFIRMS THAT! :D

• Quote from beagle;21779

A fact decided by who?

It's classed as 'disco' on discogs for example, so it's not just me.

If that's disco then so is PE's Rebel Without A Pause. Classifcations on sites are sometimes ridiculous and totally subjective, but then again so are all opinions including mine!

Okay, you're bit of lawyer on terms I know that, but it is my STRONG opinion that that is not disco, that better Brad?

• Quote from AITCH-SKI;21763

Yes I appreciate that but at the end of the day Coz, you cannot deny though the tracks "proper" title is Look For Love can you? It's like referring to Apache as Bongo Rock (coz Bongo Rock is the album name).

I never did deny it Aitch, do you just feel like arguing or something? ???

I was just trying to give you a glimpse of how things were back then in NY. There are other breaks that were referred to by names other than their titles as well. "Frisco Disco" was called "Disco Airline". "Last Night Changed It All" was often referred to as "The Telephone Beat". I'm sure there were a few more. Just thought you might be interested to know m8, nothing to have a cow about. ;)

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!