On Facebook? Into Daft Punk/Justice/SebastiAn/Digitalism/MSTRKRFT, etc.?

• Hi, I'm Happy Dave and I'm new.

Just thought you may want to join up to my new Facebook group called 'Technologik'; dedicated to the type of Electro which seems to have kicked off by the likes of Daft Punk. I know apart from Justice it doesn't seem to be all that big in the UK at present but I'm trying to change that.

So check it out and join up if you feel like it:

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=…gid=71247973961

Sorry if this is the wrong place for this thread. If it is then does anyone know where I could promote it to get the best response?

Take care y'all,

Dave

• Probably the best place, but I'm not sure how much love you'll get (although I quite like some Justice tracks).

My rhymes are so potent that in this small segment I made all of the ladies in the area pregnant.

• I like some of this stuff. Can get ya on the dance floor. Most is too housey for me. Love the Sebastian Smoking kills 12". Liking Cowbois too. And gotta love the Editzzzz in most of these tracks.

• yeah, most of it is too 90s/ravey for me, but innovative & interesting nonetheless.

But no old school head can deny the quality of Justice's drums .. I have never heard such a perfectly tweaked Linndrum.

I might have posted this one before, but this is probably my favorite from the last years:

[YT]zO-YCiGuWX4[/YT]

• Damn.. Actually I am not normally a hater, and I used to like daft punk a long time ago.. but these guys are really ruining the scene out here in San Francisco.. . Everyone thinks of Justice or MSTRKRAP or steve aoki when they think of "electro".. and then when my dj service gets a gig and we play REAL Electro, everyone looks REALLY confused..

I don't know why I hate these bands.. maybe it's cause of the immense hipster following.. maybe it's cause I found out Daft Punk sampled every song and it made me sad.. But Probably it is because it is hipster trash and not at all 808 centric / hip hop centric.. I like Electro and HipHop that is powerful and hypermasculine/ something that gets you really going and hearing a chorus of children sing on a track just makes me feel weird.. I don't know..

around 2 months ago Vessel SF(a SF nightclub for douchebags) was going to give me $200 dollars to make a Steve Aoki Video of his live "performance" which revolved around him dancing to songs he played off serrato.. I, being a poor student decided to take them up on their offer..

m-XpsvDJvo8

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m-XpsvDJvo8

Vessel SF never payed me.. they said this video is too crazy.. and if you really get into it I am dissing him by making him turn into a reptillian humanoid and there is a hidden message that portrays him getting his fame and fortune from a magic crystal (that I am dancing around).. maybe I am just a jealous hater.. but I think there are much more qualified people to dj for $5000 an hour..

*****POst update okay okay I saw the 5 other "electro-house" posts and now I am just getting more and more angry.. I promise to do something about it...

• What is this crap? Aoki and my...ass. This just isn't music. This is repetitive beats full of fx and distortion to cover the lack of any composition. This is "music" for those who hate music or just for the ignorant teenager. Also Daft Punk (apart from the first groundbreaking album) SebastiAn, Digitalism e.t.c. are a bunch of cheaters doin' uninspired shit just for the money. I don't bite it. I'm too old to bite it... ;)

• steve aoki is the world's biggest poser. he has annoyed me since the mid 90s.
    i can totally relate to your anger, i feel the same way.
    but let's not confuse originators with 3rd rate rip-off artists.

as hard as it is, you can't blame daft punk's music for those awful hipster fans.

• Zitat von binalog;30121

This just isn't music. This is repetitive beats full of fx and distortion to cover the lack of any composition.

i see your point, but i don't agree. maybe we really are too old for this kind of stuff ... as a teenager, your emotional budget is pretty black and white with not too much gray area in between so you might appreciate some simple banging tunes more than we old heads do.
    and besides: you can't blame them for fx/distortion/compression and lack of composition when this is what their doing deliberately. you can't deny that those hyper-abstract tunes are innovative, it's only a question if you like it or not.
    :)

• Zitat von lj;30127

steve aoki is the world's biggest poser. he has annoyed me since the mid 90s.
    i can totally relate to your anger, i feel the same way.
    but let's not confuse originators with 3rd rate rip-off artists.

as hard as it is, you can't blame daft punk's music for those awful hipster fans.

I totally agree with you about Daft Punk. After all i'm a big fan of late 90s/early 00s french house... I just got the feeling that, after the astonishing first album, they took the wrong way, releasing some really boring stuff, with the use or interpretations of some obscure tracks (like Edwin Birdsong's "Cola Bottle Baby"), just to sound hip, in a continuous struggle to sound "original". This is my point and of course i'm far of confusing these true originators with any of the rip-off followers...
    ("Confusion" was recorded by New Order, wasn't it?! ;) )

• Zitat von lj;30128

i see your point, but i don't agree. maybe we really are too old for this kind of stuff ... as a teenager, your emotional budget is pretty black and white with not too much gray area in between so you might appreciate some simple banging tunes more than we old heads do.
    and besides: you can't blame them for fx/distortion/compression and lack of composition when this is what their doing deliberately. you can't deny that those hyper-abstract tunes are innovative, it's only a question if you like it or not.
    :)

Ok, maybe i've been exaggerating my opinion! After all you're right: who cares? I don't like this kind of stuff, i don't listen to it. It's completely a matter of taste. Sorry if i've been too harsh with the ones who release stuff like this and the ones who like to listen and dance their asses off to. I guess you could forgive an ooold dog who rarely decides to bark, couldn't you?! ;D

• oh, one other thing: if you're into french house, how come you don't like daft punk's 2nd album? that seems like the perfect blueprint for french house, much more than the 1st.
    and what they did in the early 00s with the crydamoure label is kind of bridging the gap to the newer & harsher stuff a la justice.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!