THE best House record

• Zitat von bhose;18205

There was nothing 'house' about Dum Dum Cry and Alright Alright, straight up freestyle hip hop stompers!

Yes you are completely correct Sanj! Couldn't agree more old pal ;) I'd actually even say that Alright Alright had more of an electro beat than anything :D Dum Dum cry was deffo freestyle sounding.
    I just popped those 2 in the list purely for my own sentimental reasons ;)

As you already know these were released by Todd Terry at the time that "house music" booming & they sounded like no other tracks at that time.

Postcode lottery........you're thick if you deny it exists

• Never seen the appeal in those 2 Todd terry tracks to be honest - Bomb The Bass and MARRS were much superior 8)

Live from TTO studios

• Zitat von kaos;18211

Never seen the appeal in those 2 Todd terry tracks to be honest - Bomb The Bass and MARRS were much superior 8)

LOL

• Zitat von Beagle @ home;18231

bugger, how do you remove posts or make youtube links work?

Damn swine forum....

Like this [*YT]the code in the address bar after the = symbol[*/YT] Ie:

[YT]XtpSKGo_F10[/YT]

• Zitat von Beagle @ home;18434

would have thought that would be too ravy for you Bhose.

What's 'hip hop' about it?

Can't see what is 'ravy' about Corp 1's Real Life, ravy for me is looped speeded up breakz with chavy chants and basslines over it, Corp 1's just some nice electro hop that would have been perefectly at home on Crucial 1, what do you find 'ravy' about Real Life Brad?

ELECTROFUNK is a subsidiary of HIP HOP MUSIC AND CULTURE, don't you forget it suckaz...

• well, it sat side by side with the house music of the day and it was caned at raves and in 'house' clubs.

At the time I was only really listening to hip hop. Our friends who went to raves were the only ones I knew who played this tune.

It's an 89 rave track, pure and simple, regardless of it's 'genre'. It may have a syncopated beat as opposed to a 4x4, and it may be classed as 'freestyle' and not 'house' but that means nothing really - the boundries between genres are blurred.
    Same goes for those Todd Terry tracks really - they were played at 'raves' and parties. Not at hip hop jams or on hip hop radio shows.

And don't forget that 'rave culture' was around long before people started speeding up breakbeats and calling it 'hardcore'. ;)

• "Same goes for those Todd Terry tracks really - they were played at 'raves' and parties. Not at hip hop jams or on hip hop radio shows".

Actually Brad I might stop ya there me old pal :D
    In the midsts of time I went to many a hip hop jam & both Alright Alright / Dum Dum Cry were played there. The tracks were especially a hit with the body poppers for some reason ;D

Peace Brad ;)

• Zitat von AITCH-SKI;18450

"Same goes for those Todd Terry tracks really - they were played at 'raves' and parties. Not at hip hop jams or on hip hop radio shows".

Actually Brad I might stop ya there me old pal :D
    In the midsts of time I went to many a hip hop jam & both Alright Alright / Dum Dum Cry were played there. The tracks were especially a hit with the body poppers for some reason ;D

Peace Brad ;)

Yeah, many a house (by that I mean in a house literally, in basements) party with a hip hop schedule played Corp 1, Todd Terry back in the day. I think radio was well into the new exciting break based hip hop sound, didn't have the time to play anything that sounded old school (at the time).... didn't mean it wasn't appreciated by the hip hop crowd, US! :D

ELECTROFUNK is a subsidiary of HIP HOP MUSIC AND CULTURE, don't you forget it suckaz...

• well, I can only go by personal experience. I never heard those Todd Terry tracks get airplay on hip hop radio. And if it wasn't for the fact that I had mates who were going out raving in 89, I'd never have heard 'The Real Life'. A tune I love...

Still surprised you like it though Sanj. There's hope for you yet! ;D

• Zitat von beagle;18517

well, I can only go by personal experience. I never heard those Todd Terry tracks get airplay on hip hop radio. And if it wasn't for the fact that I had mates who were going out raving in 89, I'd never have heard 'The Real Life'. A tune I love...

Still surprised you like it though Sanj. There's hope for you yet! ;D

Heard it on the radio! Used to read, 'Jocks' magazine back in the 80's for the long rambling paragraph reviews that were quite amusing, even the reviewer there said this was straight up electro hip hop and not house in any way... though I accept it was played at 'raves', but so was a lot of fast hip hop in those days, doesn't mean it aint hip hop though!

Though I wasn't into rave culture, I always thought it was more of a mindset then a kind of music, you know, big event with fast paced music with house music as the foundation but anthing fast furious and funky fitted!

• [QUOTE=darrell;18453]Heres two stompers that were caned in raves at the time.

[YT]mNN8agriZBQ[/YT]

Love this 12!! Good call Darrell, forgot all about that. Biting My Nails & Ozone Breakdown too by RSW!

• Another :) face rave classic, the more i am looking out me old rave tunes
    the more and more i am finding that are not all 4/4

Shut up & dance- Lamborghini from the L.P.

[YT]R0iFGOJwkog[/YT]

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!