Best analog Vocoder

• I'm looking for an analog vocoder...no software, I want the warmer sound...any suggestions would be appreciated!...??

ps: I'm a newby at this.

• i guess you can't go wrong with this classic:

[yt]cOO6xTXTeiA[/yt]
    ...used in many oldschool electro classics like Freestyle "Its automatic" etc.
    going out at ebay for 500~700 USD i think.

there are many others of course. how much do you want to spend? :)

one thats 'a little' more expensive:

[yt]dhuB48Ln9ro[/yt]
    :D :cylon:

• My range is pretty much that...$500-$700, and I really don't want to spend anymore. By those samples you've given me, I think I like the classic Roland SVC-350 better than that other one. 8)

• Quote from scherben;17511

I know of someone selling a Korg Electribe with a vocoder on it for c. £350

I would have to look into what a Korg Electribe is first...like I said, I'm pretty new at this, but with all the momentum to learn. :D

• i dont think any of the electribes (korg groove-boxes) have a vocoder on them...i think scherben may be thinking of the microkorg. the vocoder on thats isnt so good (and its not analog either, its VA). the SVC-350 is the best analog vocoder for non-silly money imo. you'll need a synth to plug into it to act as a carrier (pretty much anything'll do the job)

• Quote from ChristianRock;17517

i dont think any of the electribes (korg groove-boxes) have a vocoder on them...i think scherben may be thinking of the microkorg. the vocoder on thats isnt so good (and its not analog either, its VA). the SVC-350 is the best analog vocoder for non-silly money imo. you'll need a synth to plug into it to act as a carrier (pretty much anything'll do the job)

I don't doubt you're correct, I was speaking from memory, which was a stupid thing to do :)

I apologise for my ignorance

• Quote from electrofunk;18250

Personally I'd like to know which vocoder was used on the new Blasteroids EP, it's one of the best electro voices i've heard so far :cylon:

I have a sneaky feeling the vocoder used is the Matrix vocoder.
    Its the one Kraftwerk have been using on recent tours.
    It's a fantastic vocoder!!

:cylon:

• this weekend i came across a dynacord srv 66 vocoder for 100€ and this little thing sounds really good. its from 81 or 82 and should be the same as a syntovox 2.. vocoder. real analog sound with a big bass fundament in your vocodervoice. dont know if there exist a video or something.

• Quote from etekker;18542

this weekend i came across a dynacord srv 66 vocoder for 100€ and this little thing sounds really good. its from 81 or 82 and should be the same as a syntovox 2.. vocoder. real analog sound with a big bass fundament in your vocodervoice. dont know if there exist a video or something.

no way!!...100€?? you´re a lucky man :)

i´m looking for the srv 66 for some time now, they aren´t easy to get. not that complex like a svc-350, but it sounds so great.
    if you wanna sell it let me know! ;)

cheers

• Quote from actionjetzon;18594

no way!!...100€?? you´re a lucky man :)

i´m looking for the srv 66 for some time now, they aren´t easy to get. not that complex like a svc-350, but it sounds so great.
    if you wanna sell it let me know! ;)

cheers

it was in a second hand store and the seller wanted 200€, but at the end we came to 100€...
    sorry action, no chance for getting it from me. i felt in love with the voco after testing it for 10 minutes...its sound so different like the svc 350..... :*

• Quote from etekker;18608

it was in a second hand store and the seller wanted 200€, but at the end we came to 100€...
    sorry action, no chance for getting it from me. i felt in love with the voco after testing it for 10 minutes...its sound so different like the svc 350..... :*

that´s cool man, even 200€ would have been a really good price.
    i totally understand, wouldn´t pass it too
    cheers

• Quote from etekker;18542

this weekend i came across a dynacord srv 66 vocoder for 100€ and this little thing sounds really good. its from 81 or 82 and should be the same as a syntovox 2.. vocoder. real analog sound with a big bass fundament in your vocodervoice. dont know if there exist a video or something.

Your definitely very lucky to have found it for that price!

Look how much this guy is selling it for...

http://www.macmusic.org/ads/vi…rd-SRV-66-Vocoder-vintage

• Any of you have experience with the MAM VF-11? I've heard good things about it but you never know. I could get one for around 150-200 Eur. I'm looking for the deep yet clear, raspy sound, and can't really afford 500 bucks upwards.

• The MAM VF-11 is a great starter vocoder. I have used mine mostly as a filter bank, but with some tweaking and patience you can achieve some nice sounding vocoder effects. Just keep in mind, this tihng has no MIDI nor stereo output, although i hear you can take two of these and process stereo audio.

For the money, i think its a good choice. Also, there may be some demo's of the VF-11 on YouTube.

Peace.

• Thanks for the tip dje, it's on ebay running out tonight. The factory demo is the funniest gear demo I had in a while:

[ame='http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rZ3M_IOsqiM']

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.
    [/ame]
    The beat, the "lyrics", the accent :ugly: :headspin:

Looks like if it sounds decent when you take care of the input signals.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!