Paul Hardcastle "19" separated sections version?

• I remember a particular version of Paul Hardcastle's "19" which was sort of an acapella or DJ-remix version with only the drums by themselves, the orchestra hit and the vocals (in other words, ideal for remixing). Can someone please tell me the name of this version? It might have been on a B-side of a 12" version of the song.

• An acapella with only drums seems illogical? You seek an acapella version or an instrumental? I do know about a version which only has 2 different Instrumentals on a 12", no "story telling" on this 12"..little vocals are to be heard. The instrumentals are not on ANY of the 19 records as a B-side...just on that 12". Not sure if THATS the one you are looking for....

• Sorry, Acapella was a bad description.
    The basic idea was that all parts were separated from each other and didn't play along at the same time.

As far as I remember it started off as usual ("In 1965 Vietnam seemed like just another foreign war....") but the drums/bass didn't start playing. Occasionaly, in the right places you'd hear the orchestra hit and of course "N-n-n-n-n-niteneteen" etc. Finally after several minutes the drums (and only the drums!) would come in.
    This version would be perfect for a remixer as he could easily add a different beat, bassline etc. without affecting the rest of the song.

Does this sound like a version of "19" you've heard before?

• I'll make you 2 snippets of the 12" I have...that was used for mixing the 19 track on many dj mixes...could be the one you mean..or totally not! It IS the best version of 19 btw in my honest opinion....

• Instrumental 2 (Side B) snippet

Externer Inhalt youtu.be
    Inhalte von externen Seiten werden ohne Ihre Zustimmung nicht automatisch geladen und angezeigt.
    Durch die Aktivierung der externen Inhalte erklären Sie sich damit einverstanden, dass personenbezogene Daten an Drittplattformen übermittelt werden. Mehr Informationen dazu haben wir in unserer Datenschutzerklärung zur Verfügung gestellt.

• Instrumental 1 side A

Externer Inhalt youtu.be
    Inhalte von externen Seiten werden ohne Ihre Zustimmung nicht automatisch geladen und angezeigt.
    Durch die Aktivierung der externen Inhalte erklären Sie sich damit einverstanden, dass personenbezogene Daten an Drittplattformen übermittelt werden. Mehr Informationen dazu haben wir in unserer Datenschutzerklärung zur Verfügung gestellt.

• Yes, that's a nice version but it's not the one I'm thinking of.
    I really should change the subject title because it's more like it starts off with no drums at all, and you hear just the reporter talking (which also means a lot of quiet passages in between). I think the drums come in after a couple of minutes or so, but as far as I remember there's no bass on top of that.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!