Blastromen - Reality Opens (Dominance Electricity) 2x12" / CD / poster

• Hi and huge THANX to Blastromen. Haven't bought the album yet, but hope to do it one day. The big reason for writing now is a track called "Sense of Ears". Heard it from the great "Bass Agenda" show. So the thing is, that as a blind persone I found a very strong connection with the topic of the song knowing how important this "sense of ears" actually can be. The line "analyzing data in my processor" also gives a strong reflecting selfrecognition, as I tend to operate more on facts/data rather than feelings. Somewhat like someone with Aspergers, or may-be I actually am like that. And at the same time starting from the line "vibrations in the air", so the melodic part of the track, I can totally say, that I haven't changed much since early childhood. I mean: music can modulate my entire sensory system in a truely profound ways. I'm not good at putting my feelings into words and explaining them, but anyway music can reach my deepest layers. I'm not pretending to talk like a machine, it's just being at home in the world of synthesizers, that brings those terms into my average language. So thanx again and don't stop blastin'!!!

• Zitat von dRxId;71033

Hi and huge THANX to Blastromen. Haven't bought the album yet, but hope to do it one day. The big reason for writing now is a track called "Sense of Ears". Heard it from the great "Bass Agenda" show. So the thing is, that as a blind persone I found a very strong connection with the topic of the song knowing how important this "sense of ears" actually can be. The line "analyzing data in my processor" also gives a strong reflecting selfrecognition, as I tend to operate more on facts/data rather than feelings. Somewhat like someone with Aspergers, or may-be I actually am like that. And at the same time starting from the line "vibrations in the air", so the melodic part of the track, I can totally say, that I haven't changed much since early childhood. I mean: music can modulate my entire sensory system in a truely profound ways. I'm not good at putting my feelings into words and explaining them, but anyway music can reach my deepest layers. I'm not pretending to talk like a machine, it's just being at home in the world of synthesizers, that brings those terms into my average language. So thanx again and don't stop blastin'!!!

Thank you! We are truly taken by your comments. It is such a fantastic feeling that our music can touch someone and people realize the meanings in a song and connect it to their own life. Electro can be meaningful and thoughtful as it can be hard beats and bass, or all together :) Have a great journey with the Reality Opens album and let it open your mind and expand your sense of reality.

Recently we also recorded a live set for Bass Agenda radio show for Future Music FM. You can listen the full live set here:

Externer Inhalt soundcloud.com
    Inhalte von externen Seiten werden ohne Ihre Zustimmung nicht automatisch geladen und angezeigt.
    Durch die Aktivierung der externen Inhalte erklären Sie sich damit einverstanden, dass personenbezogene Daten an Drittplattformen übermittelt werden. Mehr Informationen dazu haben wir in unserer Datenschutzerklärung zur Verfügung gestellt.

This is the full Bass Agenda radio show with interview, album preview and live set:

Externer Inhalt soundcloud.com
    Inhalte von externen Seiten werden ohne Ihre Zustimmung nicht automatisch geladen und angezeigt.
    Durch die Aktivierung der externen Inhalte erklären Sie sich damit einverstanden, dass personenbezogene Daten an Drittplattformen übermittelt werden. Mehr Informationen dazu haben wir in unserer Datenschutzerklärung zur Verfügung gestellt.

• YOUTUBE opens...
    Blastromen's "Reality Opens" album now on http://www.youtube.com/DominanceElectricity

Externer Inhalt www.youtube.com

• Great album!

wanna similar sunglasses :cylon:

• Here's my review guys:

Blastromen - Reality Opens - Dominance Electricity
    Their cybernetic swimsuits and glasses a la X-Men probably help but the success of Blastromen definitively come from their music! We all still have in mind their first "Robot Aggression EP" in 2004 on Finnish label X0X Records, in a time they were quite unknown and invisible. Since then, Blastromen have gained a solid and deserved reputation worldwide and their notoriousness is not ready to disappear with the release of their second proper studio album on untouchable Dominance Electricity imprint.

Direct follow up to the classic "Human Beyond LP" in 2010, their much anticipated long player "Reality Opens" confirms the outer-space duo supremacy to mix with genius retro music and advanced imagery, to fuse mighty sound and design aesthetics. The compositions featured there continue where their debut album left off, redefining Electro music, propelling the genre to the next level, and inscribing their influence to posterity.

Collection of height relentless and synthetic songs, all rendered with a luxurious level of details, the new opus kicks off with the title track, an instrumental electro jewel characterized by 80's synthesizers, C64 tonalities, and impressive melodies giving the tone of the whole LP to come. No warm up. No soliloquy. Let's go straight into synths!

The song’s opening rush obviously brings to mind "Human Beyond" track from their previous release, but then comes percussive "Vision Control". Alternating between melodic moments of pure anthology and cuts action, the jam signs a deeply emotive synths flight enhanced by punishing beats, boomin' Techno beats, enigmatic Kraftwerkish vocals, inspired arrangements, and suspenseful arpeggios over a fierce rhythm. These two first songs basically find Blastromen attempting with success to enroll in continuity of "Human Beyond LP" and return to their 80's roots.

"Infiltrator Unit" instantly following offers a memorable mission behind the enemy lines to collect information through the most advanced communication system in order to prepare the final battle. SciFi effects, over-boosted rhythm, robotic vocals, complex orchestral programming and mind-bending sequencing come together to create a dense yet intricate future classic, to bring closer to "Battlenet".

As we continue the discovery of the album, ethereal "Sidtroen" slows down the tempo to offer seven minuts of an authentic Carpenter tune made of rich synth layers, chiptune machines noises, propulsive pads and gentle arpeggios. While cinematic soundscapes rise up, the huge vocoder scanding "Sidtroen" penetrates insidiously your mind.

From there, we’re suddenly slap bang in the middle of an epic space opera in an ultimate showdown between gigantic cruisers. The constructions of the songs are masterful, moving from lazy beats to orchestral crashes. The album becomes more intricate, gets edgy and darker, delivering a succession of unmistakable hits with sophisticated yet breathtaking arrangements, audacious synth waves and atmospheres, forward-thinking edits, haunting electro beats and cutting edge vocoderized lyrics depicting a visionary future through thematics such like technology and space: in short Blastromen's trademark.

Modern and elegant "Sense Of Ears", the record’s literal centerpiece, packs in a six minuts deep-space journey grandiose organ chords constructions and massive electrifying drums, all in service of an emotionally powerful slaughter. It encapsulates what makes Blastromen being in such an advanced position: vintage synth pads played with uncanny precision while lyrics drop on point.

Combination of elements mostly from EDM and early synthesizer music delivered in the kind of generous electro that Blastromen have perfected, nasty "Glacier Planet" and "Transportation Nonstop", my favorite, make a huge impression but are best understood as part of a broader whole. Both tracks function perfectly together, running fast to the album’s astonishing final “Lost Dissents”. Powered by a warm analogue pulse, distorted oscillations and inspired clubby bassline combine while a funky atmosphere settles down with a crescendo to quickly lead to a vocoder-ed vocal finish. Here's a frantic fusion of retro electro Funk sounds with Sci-Fi themes that sums up by itself Blastromen musical universe.

Up to the quality of the previous album, conceptual "Reality Opens" appears as a real tour-de-force: in many ways, it increases the melancholic dystopian visions of their authors. It also demonstrates their technical superiority and untouchable skill behind the machines.

Packaged in a beautifully and surrealistic cover designed by The Zonders (illustrators of their previous album "Human Beyond"), the album is available on all formats including double 12" black and Ltd. colored vinyl, digital as well as Digipak CD. A series of dancefloor slaughters to take the listener on an ultimate space trip, the record will remain a timeless take on electronic retrofuturism, something that built bridges between past present and future. 8 songs of pure synthetic majesty from the Finnish Electro lords that could have been easily use as the perfect movie soundtrack of Tron: legacy II. Massive!
    2x12", CD, Digital
    http://www.dominance-electricity.de

• Blastromen "Vision Control" live last weekend @ Lawatanssit festival:

• Blastromen @ Assembly Computer Festival 2014

Full concert:

Tracklist:
    00:00:00 Intro
    00:02:00 Sidtroen*
    00:09:30 Follow The Command**
    00:16:33 Infiltrator Unit*
    00:24:17 Transportation Nonstop*
    00:33:00 Vision Control*
    00:39:12 Battlenet**
    00:46:55 Escaping Don't Compute***
    00:53:55 Human 2.0**
    01:01:30 Lost Dissents*
    01:09:41 Sky City 1000**

*taken from the album "Reality Opens"
    **taken from the album "Human Beyond"
    ***taken from the EP "Blasteroids"

Interview:

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!